Survey: Reptile App for iphone/ ipad/ android - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
SafariPets
Survey: Reptile App for iphone/ ipad/ android

Hello All,
I am considering making an App for our mobile devices where we can track our animals care. I, along with many other small or big time breeders, long for a way to get rid of the pen and paper/sticky notes!
Some features it would include:
-Create a profile for each animal (Name/ID #, description, origin, hatch date, Location (rack #), if sold: buyers info, etc)
-Ability to add pics to animal profile
-Tap an animal then tap an action (Acquired, Fed, Shed, Copulation, Ovulated, Eggs, Defecation, Health issues/treatments, Etc)
-After you type that option a menu pops up with potential details ie. Tap "fed", menu pops up for the type of food, then tap the type of food
-The date will automatically be added to these actions
The information will be able to be sent via email, printed, and saved as in Excel or .PDF format

Please fill out the survey at the link below to help me see what kind of demand there is and what others might like to see included...

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V6LJK87

Old 04-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
Beardiefreak26
look at the site for ez records for ffa supervised ag experiance for illinois it has all of this but cost a lot

Old 04-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
tomb9712
You might want to take a look at www.simpleanimaltracker.com The software is in beta testing right now.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
SafariPets
Hey I did hear from them today after posting this. Right now they are only making an Android version with no plans for iPhone, iPad which was going to be my primary focus...
Thanks though as long as something gets out there, I am OK not being the one to make it.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
I use iherp.com

but hey, then you could say 'snake tracking - there's an app for that'

Old 04-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #6
SafariPets
iherp is a little clunky on my iphone and the info is all stored on their server... Which is not bad, unless their server goes down for any reason... but they have the right idea

Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
Praetori
I like the idea. I wouldn't hesitate to try it, and if I can stick with it, I'd buy it. I would need an option to e-mail or otherwise send my info to a computer for printing. I tried using iHerp and found it to take too many clicks-it's just easier for me to scribble it down somewhere.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
RubberDuckey273
i'd love a really good reptile app for my ipad personally. i get frustrated with having to go to the browser for a lot of that stuff.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ipad app, iphone app