Please help with black hole!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-24-2015, 04:03 AM   #1
DragonsDragons
Please help with black hole!!!

my girlfriend recently successfully bred a black hole from her geckos and all has been well until now. His last shed was roughly two weeks ago and she failed to pay attention to whether or not he got all of the shed off. He now has both front hands/toes and one back foot with old shed healed over and is currently entering another shed cycle. The skin under the shed looks dark like it is dying and when he is not walking around he holds his arms up like having them touch the floor is painful to him. Please if anyone has advise on how to help this little guy we could sure use it. His tank is currently around 80 degrees with soft, moist paper towels as his floor.
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2015, 05:14 AM   #2
Acro
I don't have advice, but I will suggest posting in the Gecko discussion forum: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=93
or the Health Issues forum: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=525
You have placed this thread in the sale/trade section.
Good Luck!

Old 02-24-2015, 01:06 PM   #3
Zach Spyker
get that gecko soaking asap. it should work after the first soak . luke warm water in a sealed container for 15-20 minutes. after she soaks the old shed should become soft and you probably need to help her get it of by carefully taring the old shed and pealing it off. and sounds like an environmental change needs to be made. does she have a moist hide that she uses. it can be as simple as a recycled sour cream container with a small hole cut in the side or top as long as she can get into it easily keep that filled with moist paper towels coco fiber moss or vermiculite. and raise the temperature on the hot end to at least 90 degrees F even up to the mid ninties is fine.

Old 02-25-2015, 02:47 AM   #4
DragonsDragons
Thank you all put it in a moist hide with under tank heater and heat lamp placed appropriately. Temp is up and it is staying in the moist hide on its own which is good. I agree the environment was left too dry and changes have been made.... I will continue to give updates on her and appreciate your help. Didn't realize I was in the wrong forum just got a new phone and I'm using the tapatalk app... Having a hard time navigating around the app. Couldn't find any forum at the time but this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-25-2015, 02:47 AM   #5
DragonsDragons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-25-2015, 12:02 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
Moving this to the discussion forums.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:52 PM   #7
Helenthereef
Great photo. hope she gets it all off OK this time

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!