Suggestion: Delete all ads from banned members. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:55 PM   #11
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
It would also open up the possibility of being accused of deleting other posts.
That doesn't bother me. Any post made here is subject to being deleted if there is an exceptionally good reason to do so. Heck, I just deleted one myself a few minutes ago. It's thankfully rare, but it does happen as needed.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:58 PM   #12
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
That doesn't bother me. Any post made here is subject to being deleted if there is an exceptionally good reason to do so. Heck, I just deleted one myself a few minutes ago. It's thankfully rare, but it does happen as needed.
You know what I meant ... replies to threads, etc.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:02 AM   #13
WebSlave
Quote:
You know what I meant ... replies to threads, etc.
Actually yes, I did know what you meant. And yes, my reply was directed at that. I just deleted a post on the BOI because it was an obvious and blatant bypass of my block of a site that I have a personal distaste for. Such a thing is akin to advertising for and promoting such a site, and I just refuse to allow it.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:05 AM   #14
Snake-Queen
True, but that was blatant disregard for the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-04-2015, 01:30 AM   #15
nickolasanastasiou
I have used many ads and posts here to link connections to link scammers to new assumed identities. I would be disappointed and likely impeded from being as able if I lost the materials from which I draw patterns.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:32 AM   #16
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
I have used many ads and posts here to link connections and to link scammers to new assumed identities. I would be disappointed and likely impeded from being as able if I lost the materials from which I draw patterns.
Forgetful me.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #17
Guy Castro
Need to make an occasional sweep of classified ads. A lot of people are to ignorant the remove their old ads.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #18
Snake-Queen
It's too bad they don't expire after, say 90 days or so, that way they are no longer visible to the masses; unless the seller wishes to relist.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:46 AM   #19
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
It's too bad they don't expire after, say 90 days or so, that way they are no longer visible to the masses; unless the seller wishes to relist.
We would not be able to use them as leads (for various reasons and goals including scam avoidance as well as historical animal source discovery) if they become hidden. However, the classified thread necromancy gets really annoying (to me) when someone decides to bump an entire page worth of old ads to ask if something from like 2008 is still available in 2015. It would be cool if those auto-locked after 90 days. Then they would still be searchable content and prospective customers could PM and email the ad creators rather than knocking a group of advertisers with currently available product off of the main page of a given section.

I can understand if some folks are not wanting to go to certain lengths, but I really would like every avenue possible to remain available to me in order to hopefully know what sort of party I am engaging with.

I have a seen a mod do his best to warn people in threads intended to scam and still folks immediately lined up to get fleeced. I see no great need to protect these people from their own behaviors. They do not deserve to get scammed, but some of them really seem to come close to deserving what they get and maybe we should not limit others to protect people with these personalities who seem to want to self-immolate after a firefighter pulls them out of an inferno.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:18 AM   #20
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post

I have a seen a mod do his best to warn people in threads intended to scam and still folks immediately lined up to get fleeced. I see no great need to protect these people from their own behaviors. They do not deserve to get scammed, but some of them really seem to come close to deserving what they get and maybe we should not limit others to protect people with these personalities who seem to want to self-immolate after a firefighter pulls them out of an inferno.

Stupid is as stupid does.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!