SHINE BOX - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:45 AM   #1
Durante
SHINE BOX

I played around & enjoyed art when I was younger but kind of lack the time now days. I do still help with school projects & build the occasional wooden boy scout slot car models with my son on days were the weather sucks, basically to keep him away from video games. Anyway, I seen a beat up shoe shine box for sale at a local Goodwill sites. The contents like the brushes were worth the $3.50. It reminded me of my Grandfather who passed away a while back, (he was the only one I knew who had one) so I thought it might make a fun project to clean it up.
My son didn't like it as much as the cars so I was basically on my own. I decided to play around with it myself anyway. I did get new hardware but basically used old scrap wood & stain in the garage, left over Halloween makeup, my sons colored pencils, & whatever else I found free around the house. I did have to replace an "eye liner" pencil I found in the bathroom that my wife yelled at me for I seen some really good artist post stuff here & even though it might not be up to all standards but I was pretty happy with the way it came out & figured I would share.

(Just encase anyone was wondering the 2 guys are supposed to be characters from a movie called "Good Fellas" where there was a scene that had a reference to shine box)

Old 03-04-2015, 06:06 PM   #2
JColt
Pretty slick! I can do fairly decent with woodworking but I cannot draw or paint to save my life. If I could I would do it all the time. It just seems relaxing. For someone who hasn't done it much lately it still looks great.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:20 PM   #3
Pasodama
Great work, Chris! It looks very nice!
Thanks for sharing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!