Info Sarah Prickett - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
oldworldlife
Thumbs down Sarah Prickett

I know a lot of people are concerned about how there animals get shipped so I thought this might be helpful to anyone thinking of buying from sarah prickett.

Full ViewRE:
From: Sarah Pickett <sarahpickett752@hotmail.com> Add to Contacts
To: oldworldlife@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What they don't know doesn't hurt them, I just write LIVE HARMLESS LIZARD on the box. Every snake breeder I know uses UPS like that, FedEx isn't reliable worth a damn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 22:19:32 -0800
Subject: Re:
To: sarahpickett752@hotmail.com

UPS does not ship snakes under no circumstances The only US shippers that handle snakes are FedEx and delta airlines "delta dash".

Sent: Mon, December 20, 2010 9:06:35 PM
Subject: RE:

Never heard of delta dash, I never use anything but UPS next day air. I'd use heat packs this time of year.

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:04:19 -0800
Subject: Re:

I am just not comfortable having things shipped at this time of year. delta dash doesn't work for me to I'm to far from Milwaukee's airport .

Sent: Mon, December 20, 2010 8:46:47 PM
Subject:

Hello, I never received a reply from you. Just making sure you didn't forget me and my snakes.

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:18:41 -0800
To: comm-kguea-2115302492@craigslist.org

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Can you send me a price list and where are you located

Full ViewRE: Snakes
From: Sarah Pickett <sarahpickett752@hotmail.com> Add to Contacts

I have heat packs and I've done cold weather shipping before, even to Alaska. I'm actually located in Texas, a friend suggested I place ads all over the country to find people interested in my snakes.

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:42:49 -0800
Subject: Re: Snakes

It's -10 tonight here so shipping is out and I live in area where you placed the ad Sheboygan Wisconsin

Sent: Fri, December 17, 2010 3:50:59 PM
Subject: RE: Snakes

Depends on the driving distance, I can meet you halfway within a few hundred miles but otherwise I'd ship just to save costs.

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:13:23 -0800
Subject: Re: Snakes

Do you deliver

Sent: Fri, December 17, 2010 11:43:13 AM
Subject: Snakes

I'm located in Texas, heres a list of snakes with prices.

Boas

Salmontine male het albino four years and six feet for 275

Salmon boa female het albino three years 4 ½ feet 350

Burmese

Granite het albino and green male for 400

An albino het green male for 400

An albino het granite female (very sweet) for 450

Albino labyrinth het granite female 400

Labyrinth het albino and granite male 375

Albino het green and granite female for 450

Baby burmese litter

Het albino green granite 175

Albino het green granite 200

Granite het albino green 275

Albino granite het green 300

Retics

albino normal white phase het genetic stripe male 10 feet 850

albino tiger het gen stripe male 11 feet 850

tiger het albino gen stripe 12 feet male 550

normal het albino and genetic stripe female 12 feet 500

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:18:41 -0800
To: comm-kguea-2115302492@craigslist.org

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Can you send me a price list and where are you located

If what the shippers don't know won't hurt them well then what about the buyers is it also what they don't know won't hurt the buyer either is this how everyone does business just find out the hard way .

Old 12-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Ameivaboy
What is the point of this thread? tons of people ship snakes via UPS

Old 12-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
Drew Zaun
From the UPS Website:
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...d+Live+Animals

Quote:
Prohibited Live Animals

Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:

* Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
* Any Threatened or Endangered species
* Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
* Birds (All)
* Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
* Mammals (All)
* Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
* Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous
I don't think we need any shenanigans...or bad press. If you have an account that allows you to ship snakes via UPS (and some do) then fine, but if you are going to be deceptive you can and will cause trouble for everyone else.

Also, if she admits to deceiving UPS, kind of calls into question anything she says to you as well...

Old 12-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
Ameivaboy
Sorry but tons of people use UPS to ship for various reasons, doing so does not make someone a "bad guy" as long as they accept responsibility for any issues that may arise from doing it.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
Drew Zaun
Since it clearly violates UPS policy and you have to be intentionally deceitful in order to ship that way, yes it does validate a bad guy thread. Policy violations and deception are key ingredients to every single bad guy thread here.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
Ameivaboy
She states
Quote:
FedEx isn't reliable worth a damn.
so she is choosing a method in which she feels is safest for the animal- yea... real bad guy there. It is her choice of how to ship being the seller. If the buyer doesnt agree with it then they dont have to buy

Old 12-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
Drew Zaun
Her choice has to include legal options and UPS clearly does NOT allow it, yet she will ship it anyway. Yes, indeed, bad guy there.

It may in fact be violating a law to be deceptive in shipping, i.e. intentionally mislabeling.

Can I infer from your posts that you too ship snakes in violation of a standing policy? If so I respectfully request that you stop immediately. The rights of all other responsible parties may be affected by such a callous disregard of policy. Perhaps UPS decides to no longer ship ANY animals? Would you still condone shipping via UPS?

Old 12-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Zaun View Post
Her choice has to include legal options and UPS clearly does NOT allow it, yet she will ship it anyway. Yes, indeed, bad guy there.

It may in fact be violating a law to be deceptive in shipping, i.e. intentionally mislabeling.

Can I infer from your posts that you too ship snakes in violation of a standing policy? If so I respectfully request that you stop immediately. The rights of all other responsible parties may be affected by such a callous disregard of policy. Perhaps UPS decides to no longer ship ANY animals? Would you still condone shipping via UPS?
Shipping a reptile through UPS is not illegal so I'm unsure why you say that. Secondly it does not make anyone "bad" for still choosing to ship with someone just because UPS says no. As a matter of pure fact UPS has NEVER agreed to ship live animals!! EVER. So it's not as though anything has really changed. Only when Ship You Reptile was up and running did UPS agree to anything. So outside of that it's always been against UPS's TOS. Which is why they've NEVER insured live animal packages or had any form of guarantee on the package if something happens to it while in transit. So what makes this any different?????

Honestly choosing a shipping method does not make them a "bad guy". How the animal is packed, treated, condition etc, if those are really bad then yes bad guy. But from my experience there isn't a shipping company out there that has full agreement to ship and guarantee live animal cargo other then Delta Dash. Even if you're certified. I would say yes, exercise caution in a deal where you know nothing of the seller but don't label them a bad guy unless it's truly warranted.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:13 PM   #9
hhmoore
Shipping a snake via UPS, as mentioned by a few, is a violation of their policy...though when people are crying the blues because the company doesn't want to change their policy, why be supportive of those that choose to violate it?
On the other side of things, intentionally mislabeling the package IS a violation of Federal law. I thought that part was pretty commonly known and accepted as fact.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #10
ophidile
Hum.

Also from the emails looks like she'll ship reptiles when it's below freezing, which I wouldn't really call being concerned for their safety.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!