Community Housing - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #1
OrganicChris
Community Housing

Hello. Name's Chris. 27 years old, been working with reptiles, amphibians, and arachnids since I was 5. Been dealing with venomous reptiles, and dangerous spiders since I was 9, starting with black widows and brown recluse siders. Got into scorpions when I was 11.
Now, here is what I'm thinking about doing. Now, since I started with these animals, they have been kept separated and in their own individual enclosures. I recently picked up 5 Florida bark scorpions, and 4 Arizona bark scorpions. The Florida are still newborns. Just got their color. The Arizonas are full size, ready to breed. As far as scorpions go, I've never bred any myself. I recently picked up a pregnant Chilean red claw, and as I stated 4 breed ready Arizonas. Now, I have a lot of experience breeding reptiles, spiders, and farm animals. But not scorpions. Everyone says they breed like rabbits. Would I be able to put these 4 Arizona scorpions in a communal enclosure, and would I be able to put the 5 Floridas in a communal enclosure? And if anyone else has done this before, how much larger than normal would the enclosure have to be to give them enough birth to not go after each other? Any specific details would be awesome. I was originally going to just try breeding them individually, but if this is a possibility, it would be awesome. I love communal enclosures, and it would be awesome if the scorpions could do the same thing. Thanks in advance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!