Corn breeding question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
CarolinaClassicDragons
Corn breeding question

Hey guys,

I have a male wild caught Oketee that I have had for a little over a year. I also have a Sunglow female that I purchased last fall at a show. They have been together and I have seen them locked up a couple of times now. The past week or so, she has been constantly moving around in the tank. I was wondering if she was hungry but she continued this movement after I fed her a couple of days ago. Time to separate these two? I dont know anything about breeding corns so please get me on the right track here.

Thank you!

Old 04-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
MedusaCoils
I think you should seperate them. It's probably getting stressful to them two, being together. How long ago did they breed?

She will lay anywhere from 30-45 daysish after breeding. Each corn is going to be different. She should shed about two weeks after breeding at which time you should get her lay box in there and then check on it daily. Keep feeding her. She will start refusing meals as she gets ready, but not always.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. I don't get on this forum much, but if you need to, please PM me or check out my site. I have a bunch of info on breeding there.

Good Luck

Wayne

Old 05-04-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
CarolinaClassicDragons
Thanks!

Well, she shed about a week ago and low and behold I find one egg in the tank this morning. She was constantly pacing around the tank so I quickly put a laybox together. I just checked and even though she has been in and out of the box, she hasnt layed anymore eggs yet. Is this a bad sign (that they could be infertile) or do you think she will lay more in the box? I am used to breeding beardies and they lay all of their eggs at once if they are fertile.

Thanks again!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
She should lay all of her eggs at once. Leave her alone for 24 hours (don't even open the bin) to see if she settles down and lays the eggs on her own. What was her weight at time of breeding?

For future reference, do not cohabitate your Cornsnakes. Place one into the others cage (I like placing female into male bin, but either will work) for 48-72 hours, then separate for the rest of the week. Repeat until you have at least three confirmed locks.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
CarolinaClassicDragons
Thanks Stephanie! She ended up laying 4 more fertile eggs and some infertiles as well.

I am assuming that a wild caught Oketee male crossed with a Sunglow female will produce all normal looking corns?

Old 05-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
Normal (Okeetee) x Amel (Sunglow) = Normals het Amel

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!