Karma Rehab? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
davidsimon6
Karma Rehab?

Ok,

So once apron a time I wasn't the best at communication here on fauna and it lead to Negative karma.

I looked at my User CP and it shows the 5 negative Karma remarks that others have placed on me for my less then good Comments.

I understand that's something I have to accept, however Ive been trying my best to post Positive things and rebuild it. One of the Mods " Harold" told me when Fauna let me have my account back that over time I might be able to rebuild my Karma. I have good trader ratings because I'm honest about my transactions, but it has been really slow on the Karma feedbacks for some reason.

It's a fine line when making comments here on fauna because I don't want do over do it and flood people's threads with my opinions about their animals.

I guess what I'm asking is what is the best way to rebuild Karma? I've seen people with really really high Ratings and my is still just a red box

what can i do?

Old 04-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsimon6 View Post

what can i do?
Just be yourself. If poor communications led to negative karma, figure out why you used those kinds of communications and try communicating in a different way.
If you love people and love critters, get involved here, have fun, talk to people, help a newbie, give some advice.
Whatever else happens is peripheral, if you come away from here knowing you helped a person or a critter, that's what really counts.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:46 PM   #3
hhmoore
People are most likely to give positive karma for helpful posts; though sometimes it is for a good picture, or statement that just hits the right mark...summing up the reader's feelings on the subject. That stuff doesn't generally come from participation in the classifieds - it's usually the stuff in the discussion forums, and sometimes the BOI. I've noticed that, for myself, at least, karma has slowed down a bit...possibly because I have had periods in which I don't make a lot of posts; but also because activity in the discussion areas has been pretty slow. Heck - my "latest karma" list still shows stuff from the middle of 2012

Old 04-19-2014, 01:45 AM   #4
WebSlave
Karma is generally a measure of what people think of as exceptional posts you have made. Exceptionally good posts will often get you positive karma. And, of course, exceptionally bad posts (in the readers' opinion) will often get you negative karma.

So, quite simply, to get positive karma, you have to make the effort to make exceptionally good posts that people will appreciate and recognize.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #5
davidsimon6
Harold you said the last time you got a hit was in 2012, do you think fauna is not as active as it once was?

Old 04-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #6
hhmoore
Quote:
Harold you said the last time you got a hit was in 2012
I did not say that.
I said that my Latest Karma list still shows entries from 2012. (FWIW, my last received karma was a few days ago)

Quote:
do you think fauna is not as active as it once was
Depends on the part of Fauna. I believe that I acknowledged in the post that activity in the discussion forums has been slow.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #7
davidsimon6
I'm sorry Harald I read that wrong, but yes I see what you guys are saying.
I think it's better to speak in the different forms and see if that helps me.

Is there a limit to how much Kama a member can get?
I've seen some really high ones.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:39 PM   #8
Mistyck
Quote:
I'm sorry Harald I read that wrong, but yes I see what you guys are saying.
I think it's better to speak in the different forms and see if that helps me.

Is there a limit to how much Kama a member can get?
I've seen some really high ones.
You just need to show that you're trying, and not be so argumentative and quick to have knee-jerk reactions. Post things that are positive, or even if you post your opinion, make it a respectable opinion, not a opinion.

As far as I know, there's no Karma limit...(Could be wrong...I quite often am according to my kids and other half. )

Another tip, just act on here in a way that makes people want to interact with you in a positive manner.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #9
davidsimon6
Thanks fellas

Old 04-19-2014, 11:42 PM   #10
Mistyck
Quote:
Thanks fellas
Fellas?

I'ma female.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!