This really grinds my bones - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
moghue
This really grinds my bones

Why is it people can not finish something. what i mean is someone responded to my trade ad and made kind of an offer of what he has to trade. Well i write back asking a few questions on sizes and such and no responce at all. so after a day i sent another PM on here and still no responce even though the individual has been on a few times. I dont mind if he doesnt want to trade but at least let some one know and not leave them hanging. I for one will always get back to a person whether im interested or not. Not much gets under my skin like that.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by moghue View Post
I for one will always get back to a person whether im interested or not. Not much gets under my skin like that.
Yeah, in a perfect world, that's how everyone would do it. Sadly, that's rarely how it goes. Once a potential buyer/seller drops contact with me, they pretty much cease to exist. I don't waste too much time trying to chase them around. I just make a mental note of who did it, for future use.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
j_dunlavy

seriously though.
If you are backing out at least have the decency to let the person know. You don't even have to have a good reason to back out, people are allowed to change their minds, but let the person know.
It is just common courtesy, something people seem to lack these days.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #4
moghue
That is so true, people seem to lack common courtesy nowadays. I understand things come up but at least take 2 seconds to say your not interested. This is one reason why I barely advertise things or l

Old 06-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #5
moghue
Quote:
That is so true, people seem to lack common courtesy nowadays. I understand things come up but at least take 2 seconds to say your not interested. This is one reason why I barely advertise things or l
Oops messed upas I was saying I don't like to advertise or buy online very much. I do keep a note of who does stuff like this. All I'm saying I guess is, is it to much for people to show a bit of common courtesy

Old 06-27-2014, 08:43 PM   #6
Shadera
Quote:
Why is it people can not finish something. what i mean is someone responded to my trade ad and made kind of an offer of what he has to trade. Well i write back asking a few questions on sizes and such and no responce at all. so after a day i sent another PM on here and still no responce even though the individual has been on a few times. I dont mind if he doesnt want to trade but at least let some one know and not leave them hanging. I for one will always get back to a person whether im interested or not. Not much gets under my skin like that.
Same reason buyers ask a ton of questions, want updated weights and pictures and all that and then after you spend a couple hours gathering it for them you never hear from them again.

This, pretty much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
Once a potential buyer/seller drops contact with me, they pretty much cease to exist. I don't waste too much time trying to chase them around. I just make a mental note of who did it, for future use.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #7
moghue
Oh I understand both sides do it. Still doesn't make it right. A little common courtesy on both sides would go along way make this hobbie more pleasant.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #8
Shadera
Oh I totally understand what you're saying.

Once you get to looking around, you realize that "nice" has gone out the window and no one gives a rat's hairy behind about anyone other than themselves and what goes on in their little world bubble.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #9
54bogger
Aint it the truth!

Old 07-12-2014, 12:14 AM   #10
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Same reason buyers ask a ton of questions, want updated weights and pictures and all that and then after you spend a couple hours gathering it for them you never hear from them again.
I have to say that I have been guilty of this, simply because they send me a picture and the snake is horribly ugly. To me, it seems much nicer to just end the correspondence than to say 'sorry, but that snake is really bad quality, I'm no longer interested'.

As far as just ending communication for no reason, however, I can't say there is any real justification.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!