Bad Guy Casey Smith. Buyer Backs Out, what do you guys think? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #41
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
The only problem with this is that if she does it for one person, then others will follow. I've done the whole return thing only to have the same person try it again. I didn't refund that time. This thread is here for any potential buyers to read. I would hate to hear the "well you did it for him" post.
Exactly! Sellers do open a can of worms when they break their TOS willy-nilly for a sad-sack story (not saying that the story given is not true, but it has nothing to do with the relationship between buyer and seller.)

Old 11-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #42
Focal
I'm eager to find out the final outcome

Old 11-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #43
Will0W783
Me too- any update on the situation, Trace?

Old 11-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #44
TraceH
To: Casey Smiith <kclsmith1983@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2011 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: reguarding the snakes
Casey, unfortunately this is why I wrote on my website under the terms that the down payment is nonrefundable. I have had quite a few people in the past agree to snakes and then back out for one reason or another leaving me to have housed the snakes for months, missed sales and bear the burden. I don't want to get in the way of medical bills however so is there anyway you can prove to me that your wife was admitted to the hospital to have her appendix removed? I just need some sort of documentation that shows the name of the hospital, your wife's name and the date. You can scan and email or fax me the document. If you can prove that something bad has befallen you, like your wife needing surgery I will pay you the money back. If you can't prove that than I will have to keep the money but will gladly apply it towards future credit if you ever want to buy a snake from me again.
I hope you agree this is the only fair way to deal with this situation.
Take care,
Trace

Re: reguarding the snakes
TO:Trace Hardin
Message flagged Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:37 PMMessage body
here is a pic of the hospital band that when my wife went to the hospital
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #45
TraceH
Now of course the guy that I could barely get a hold of for 10 weeks is emailing me like crazy wanting his money back. I guess I'll give it back but I want to wait a few days just to annoy him for once. Do you guys think anything fishy is going on with the wristband?

Message flagged Wednesday, November 2, 2011 7:20 PMMessage body
are you online

Nov 02 7:39 PM
kclsmith1983:are you online right now

Old 11-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #46
reptilebaby
looks legit to me.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #47
reticguy76
all the pertinent info looks to be good, but something just doesnt seem right to me about it. cant put my finger right on it, but something just seems off

Old 11-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #48
Amelanistic Orca
I'd keep it; been here; done that; scars to show for... Time for a life lesson! I'd hang onto the dough Trace.. Your choice.. For all we know; the dude is banned from returning stuff at Wally World? Who knows these days; but when you depo on a snake/animal: it's common practice you're gonna lose something if you can't fulfill...

Old 11-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #49
deborahbroadus
I'm not going to give him "JUSTIFICATION" for keeping the money, but...if you are going to run a business...run a business. The choice you are making has several consequences....(if you just think about it) none of them are pretty.

At the most, you are a business with a TOS, but the otherway (quoting a friend's words) "Returning deposits basically makes sellers fee-free banks with 24/7 ATM withdrawal" and I thought to myself, "That's just so true." and.... once a business is no longer known as a business, it becomes more of a "second-hand" store not an actual business.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #50
YANKFANTHOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceH View Post
To: Casey Smiith <kclsmith1983@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2011 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: reguarding the snakes
Casey, unfortunately this is why I wrote on my website under the terms that the down payment is nonrefundable. I have had quite a few people in the past agree to snakes and then back out for one reason or another leaving me to have housed the snakes for months, missed sales and bear the burden. I don't want to get in the way of medical bills however so is there anyway you can prove to me that your wife was admitted to the hospital to have her appendix removed? I just need some sort of documentation that shows the name of the hospital, your wife's name and the date. You can scan and email or fax me the document. If you can prove that something bad has befallen you, like your wife needing surgery I will pay you the money back. If you can't prove that than I will have to keep the money but will gladly apply it towards future credit if you ever want to buy a snake from me again.
I hope you agree this is the only fair way to deal with this situation.
Take care,
Trace

Message flagged Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:37 PMMessage body
here is a pic of the hospital band that when my wife went to the hospital

OK This band shows October 7th and its now November 4th. All of a sudden he is in a rush to get his money back? I thought he said she just went in?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!