plants for turtles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:35 AM   #1
withoutvice
plants for turtles

Hello everyone,

I am having a hard time finding the right kind of plants for my turtle tank. What is best for these turtles and where can I actually find an online vendor that sells live plants. Should I be getting them locally? Are live plants the way to go or should I get some fake ones?

Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
hadenglock
Some good live plants would be simple plants that can grow fast and easy, i would recommend Anacharis, Water lettuce, Pothos if you grow it on top of the water, if your turtles munch on them its no big deal, and all are easy to find.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
Arizona Tortoise Compound
Ebay is a good place to locate live water plants if you cant find them locally. For my turtle enclosures I personally use water hyacinth, duck weed, water clovers (Marsilea) and Penny wort to name a few. I would stay way from fake plants if you can and try to find live plants locally. What type of turtle do you have, any photos?

Old 02-10-2015, 02:24 PM   #4
Gastro3003
live is way to go

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!