Help with Anniella pulchra pulchra - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-25-2004, 02:26 AM   #1
IMacBevan
Help with Anniella pulchra pulchra

Hi,
I'm looking for help maintaing the California Legless (Anniella pulchra pulchra) lizard in captivity. My step duaghter found one on her ranch and has since passed it on to me for use in my educational program. I'm pretty sure I've got the environment down - sandy, loamy soil, cooler temps, etc. But need help with feed items. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ian

Old 11-04-2004, 01:27 PM   #2
herpies
Personally I would let it go, BUT if you plan on keeping it this is what I found (I know nothing of this creature, so keep in mind that this is only what I found on a web site) They are Invertivores that eat insects, insect larvae, and spiders. And you are right about the habitat.....Sand/dune, Shrubland/chaparral, Woodland - Hardwood, Woodland - Mixed. May forage in leaf litter during the day, emerging on the surface at dusk or at night. Hope I helped a little.

Old 11-23-2004, 10:36 PM   #3
aliceinwl
I've had one for a couple of months now. Your set up sounds a lot like mine. I've got it in a 1.5 gallon tank with a couple of inches of sand. I've got a shallow clay saucer as a water bowl. The clay is porus so the sand bellow the bowl stays slightly moist (I read this was important). I've tried small crickets, but it hasn't eaten them. The baby mealworms, and waxworms I've thrown in, have disappeared (the mealworms burrow so, I've checked to soil to make sure they're gone). Mine is also being used for education. If you find out any new info, please post it as I'd like mine to continue to do well.

-Alice

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!