SOLD!! BLUE TEGU - High White, Gorgeous SUPER SWEET and special boy. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Tegus

Notices

Old 05-10-2019, 07:11 PM   #1
Kaity
BLUE TEGU - High White, Gorgeous SUPER SWEET and special boy.

I have one gorgeous high white, blue tegu male available. He is the sweetest gu out there, he is also a little special needs. He is partially blind, to the extent I am unsure as I know we has some visibility, but he lacks fully developed or positioned eyes. He is just about the most gorgeous tegu I have ever seen, he has bright blue hues and so much white. We got him partially blind and with a small scratch on his back, that is now fully healed. He was born with the eye defect and I am unsure if this is genetic or not, so I probably do not recommend him for breeding. I forget his exact age, but I think he is a bit over a yearling. He is a ravenous eater and not picky at all.

He has been a pet in out home. My daughter walks him regularly on a harness and he loves to free range. If he could free range 100% of the time he would, but we have other pets who also free range and I just don’t trust them all together. He is hands down the coolest reptile I have ever owned and this actually is why we are looking to rehome him. He wants to be a doggo lizard. He is happiest free ranging with a nice “charging dock” aka area he can retire to that has controlled heat, humidity, UBV… etc when he chooses. He is so friendly. He loves going out, meeting people, lounging and exploring in the grass outside. And when he is home, he will climb on the couch and rest his head on my lap and cuddle. He has met and gets along well with our dogs, but I have to put our free range rabbits up when he comes out because I think naturally he would try to gobble up a bunny.

He gets around 100% normal. He climbs stair, the couch, onto our bed… etc. He has no issue drinking, swimming or eating. He is the most gentle tegu ever. That being said sometimes he gets a little over excited for food, I think partially due to his impaired vision. He will sometimes bite into the air trying to grab his food when its food time, but he only does this during feeding time. I trust home completely with my 6 year old daughter and her friends. My other reptiles can take or leave human affection but this tegu craves it, so therefore he really needs a super interactive home.

I am in no rush to find him a home, so a perfect home is a must. I would really like if he could be a well loved pet who will get a ton of attention. Possibly even free range. Reptile experience is a must, but I think he would make a great first time tegu. Here are some pictures of him and his eyes. As you can see sometimes you have see them almost like normally but they are just a little “red” looking and sometimes he can sort of tuck them up if that makes sense.

-Has found home!
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 05-10-2019, 10:31 PM   #2
Avvi269
I sent you a text. I live in Idaho.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!