blue eyes? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-11-2005, 01:12 AM   #1
diablohogs
blue eyes?

i dunno, maybe they're grey but to me they look blue. what do you guys think?
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2005, 02:54 AM   #2
thesnakecharmer
Yeah they look like a dark blue-gray color,,, they are beautiful eyes that's for sure! I really like your leo, she/he reminds me of my Urban girl Cheeto.

Old 05-11-2005, 03:39 AM   #3
nicolai
Blue eyes??

I cant tell whether or not it has blue eyes but that is one nice looking leo you have there!!! Who's line is it???

Old 05-11-2005, 11:03 AM   #4
diablohogs
i produced him last year from a SHTCT (from VMS, probably some Urban blood in there) and a SHT (ric kalman tang). hes my keeper.

Old 05-11-2005, 11:25 AM   #5
Chris@TSE
Very nice

Old 05-11-2005, 07:46 PM   #6
USAGECKOS
They don't really look blue, but they don't really look grey, weird eyes. Either way, that is one gorgeous Leo!

Old 05-12-2005, 12:21 AM   #7
A_Kendergirl
At first glance they look blue..but I hate to tell you they are grey. They look blue because of the intense (read:VERY nice) orange around the eye. They don't look as brown/tan/warm grey as the average eye...as a result your brain picks up the cooler gray and hypes up the contrast with the orange (the opposite is blue) and you only THINK it's blue. I know...a bunch of artistic mumbo-jumbo. I will tell you though, if I were to paint that gecko, I would use grey and get the same effect that you are seeing.

OK...enough of my pitiful attempt to explain color theory. I'll show you what I mean with a little experiment. These are colors pulled straight off the gecko with photoshop. First, cover the middle and right hand squares, you'll see the left hand square is clearly grey. Next, move you hand to cover the right square only, and you'll see the middle square is a bright yellow-orange. If you're quick and observant you'll notice the left-hand grey box doesn't look quite so grey anymore. Now, look at all three squares. Notice how the square inside the orange looks a bit bluish? Well, it's not...it's the same exact color as the first grey square. TADA!!! And I get to use my are in the gecko world - YES!!!

Old 05-12-2005, 12:22 AM   #8
A_Kendergirl
Uh....that last "are" should have been "art"...I'm not even going to bother with any other typos!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!