Frances Adkins= DEADBEAT BIDDER - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
coyote
Thumbs down Frances Adkins= DEADBEAT BIDDER

Frances Adkins of Nashville, TN was the winning bidder on my auction at ReptileAuctions.com. Despite trying to make contact via emails and sending final payment information this bidder has not contacted me, has not responded to emails and has not completed the transaction by providing payment.

Although Frances Adkins has a high feedback rating at ReptileAuctions.com, this bidder has not satisfied the contract made with me.
FYI

Old 07-25-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
FireDrake
I sold a kingsnake to this person a little while ago, over reptile auction. Some of the feedback seemed hinky, it seemed like there were a lot of auctions he won and never contacted. It took a few days to get him to contact me, but he did eventually, and I got the money and sent the snake. But I would really hesitate to sell to him again because of the poor communication. I never even got an email saying he got the snake!

Sarah

Old 07-26-2006, 01:17 AM   #3
coyote
More information.

I was checking the feedback on ReptileAuctions tonight. The people posting feedback refer to the buyer as Darryl. The name forwarded to me that is on the account is Frances Adkins. Female spelling of Frances.

Maybe this "Darryl" is a kid?

Old 07-26-2006, 01:32 AM   #4
Dennis Hultman
How much time has passed since the end of the auction?

Old 07-26-2006, 02:41 AM   #5
Mike Greathouse
I had a similar experience with Francis Adkins.

He did a "Buy it Now" purchase on three separate books on 5/2/06.
I didn't get any response from him at all until 5/9/06 when I did a follow-up email. For the next week, it was nothing but excuses and then all communication ceased. I withdrew the offer of sale on 5/21/06.

This guy is definitely one to have on your blocked bidders list.
His account on Reptile Auction is 121212.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:33 AM   #6
varnyard
I must step out here guys. I have dealt with him many times. He has always paid me. To date he has bought:

3 adult green iguanas, two different deals.
1 speckled king
2 white oak rats, two different deals.
1 Argentine tegu

The were a total of at least six separate times we have dealt together. I will also add, Darryl is not a child. I have talked to him many times on the phone.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:58 AM   #7
Mike Greathouse
Strange that he would be the ideal customer for some and a complete deadbeat for others. Regardless, based on my experience with him, I will not be entering into any business transactions with him.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:58 AM   #8
varnyard
This is his user name on the auctions 121212, I would tend to believe that Frances Adkins would be his wife's name.

I will try to contact Darryl today. I have been wondering if something might be wrong with him. He wanted me to contact him when my tegus hatched. I called and emailed him with no responce. Darryl always returns my calls, but I have not heard back from him yet. This has been going on two weeks since I tried to contact him.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:18 AM   #9
varnyard
Mike I see that he won your auctions on May 22nd. So it is not something that just happen. I have dealt with him before this date, as well as after.
It just don't make sense, he has always seemed to be a stand up guy every time I have dealt with him.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:48 PM   #10
varnyard
I have called him again. I did not get a answer, so I left another message.
Maybe he will call me back.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!