Bad Guy Naturalist Guy, Kenneth Barnett - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:07 AM   #1
Joseal
Naturalist Guy, Kenneth Barnett

I understand I contacted him with my opinion but NOONE deserves this kind of reply. I did not call him names or harass him. Read what I wrote. He replied in a manner that's offensive to women and men, in short he blew his top. What if you buy from him and didn't like his shipping or want a refund? He's going to act like this too? I have valid points and he did not have to reply this way. Here's the emails starting with his to me. And I didn't send an email after he warned me, my iPad broke my thread, so I sent two at once.

Even if I get in trouble over this, the cat is out of the bag. Now you know he doesn't really care about the reptiles, it's just the money.

Lori,

I know stupid. And I know where it is.

Really, other people have contacted me? Really now?

You were warned about contacting me.

Chopping up lizards as we speak for some good iguana stew. I eat them too by the way.

Iguana is DELICIOUS.

Lori,

You are dumb and have no knowledge about this issue based on your words.

Fuck off.

If you send me one more email, I will file harrasment charges in Broward County. AND I AM SERIOUS.

FUCK OFF.

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 12:08 AM, Lori Vazquez <lvmi42@me.com> wrote:

Kenneth,

Quit trapping animals for resale. Period. Because they're being killed you feel you need to make a profit? That's your logic.

Take them all in and use your savings to build a sanctuary if you actually care so much.

Were destroying the ecosystem. Were destroying the earth. And it's up to us to look out for animals not profit off their skins. Because you don't know who you're selling to. And they could be using them for bait for all you know.

Act your age and grow. Illness should have made you more sensitive to animals not sitting at home figuring ways to make money off of them.

Get a job!

Sent from my iPad

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Lori Vazquez <lvmi42@me.com> wrote:

Kenneth,

No one is harassing you. You placed a public ad not as a breeder but as a person who catches lizards in your backyard and sells them. You want respect for that?

You might have beat cancer but you did not survive stupidity.

Your sexist remarks can get you in trouble too. Me apologize to you? Ha. This is the United States and not 1856 Latin America. Women vote here you know. We sit in the front seat too.

I'm entitled to my own opinion. Other people have contacted you too.

And whether what you're doing is legal is not the point. Even if your mom and dad said its ok is not the point. Stop disturbing the peace.

And write better. That was all terrible.

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 2, 2014, at 10:18 PM, "Kenneth E. Barnett" <naturalistguy@gmail.com> wrote:

Lori,

You are uneducated and silly. Read up and learn. These are feral, invasive lizards destroying the ecosystem in FLA. Your not right, and can't be. Get a live.

I have studied herps for over 45 years. All of my customers are vetted, and I do FEEL VERY GOOD ABOUT MYSELF cause I just beat Cancer. Bother someone else because you are wrong. You won't see it though, because you only are thinking that I am some vile person doing some stupid thing.

Why are you on Fauna anyway? Because you think breeding animals poached from the wild (MOST OF THEM) is more humane? That CB animals all have joyous wonderful lives, like almost NO DOG OR CAT even has in a cramped house, with abusive conditions? Why don't you educate yourself on invasive anoles and iguanas before just sending me a stupid, ill educated note???

I am selling alien lizards legally in the State of Florida, where they are killed by the 1000's every day. Pest control companies by LAW- must kill them, and they are removed from my neighborhood every day to be slaughtered. Yes, that's the better alternative in YOUR EYES, my dear.

If you approached me with sound, good info, that came from a position- you know what- I'd respect it, and we could even help each other. But your close minded note, is stupid.

I have sold CB lizards for 30 years, along with millions that love this hobby. Removing feral animals that will be killed under law (heads cut off or frozen according to FLA rules) is not a MISTAKE. It is a noble cause.

LEARN!!!! Don't send messages to people with a complete LACK of understanding. If you want to civilly discuss this, and talk more about the moral and ethical implications fine. But as for feeling good. . .I have never felt more alive in my life. I BEAT CANCER.

I hope you can feel good about being such a fool to send such a blatantly wrong letter to me. And if you were a bright, understanding woman, you'd even apologize.

But you won't. Because you won't learn.

And since, either through a FAUNA member or via Your membership there, you have violated the rules of harassment for legitimate sellers, and I will be filing a formal complaint, re: you contacting me with your request that has nothing to do with a legal advertisement.

Again, if you want to TALK in a rational manner, and KNOW The facts about the Broward lizards being slaughtered, that I am SAVING, then I will TALK to you. And we can even maybe educate each other. BECAUSE, I am a good guy. And your charges against me are hurtful, and WRONG.

Very best,
Kenny

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 9:59 PM, Lori Vazquez <lvmi42@me.com> wrote:

Kenneth,

Please Leave wild animals alone. When will you learn you're making a mistake.

You're taking money to have them possibly abused or killed.

Hope you feel good about yourself.

Sent from my iPad

Old 04-03-2014, 01:49 AM   #2
NaturalistGuy
This is Kenneth Barnett (NaturalistGuy)

Dear Reptile People,

I am tired of getting both private email flames, and FAUNA flames about selling Invasive lizards from Broward that are destined for either bulldozing, death by pest operators, or from State control. While this may seem morally wrong to some, it is what I am doing, and I vet the people that are going to possession of these animals. It is my moral call. It was keeping and studying an iguana, in fact, that started my path to studying and going on to get a degree in wildlife. Nothing in life is perfect. I am not abusing animals, and most of what LORI DERACHO AKA LORI VAZQUEZ wrote to me at my private email- was harrassment. I asked her to STOP and she continued. I had block her via Gmail just to get it to stop. YES I was rude, and YES I lost my temper, but SO BE IT. I felt good doing it. After 90 days fighting cancer, she just picked the wrong time, and wrong argument. Any keeping of ANY animal, was started from the CAPTURE of an animal, be it even a dog or cat, and especially HERPS. We have to all understand that if no laws are broken, then an individual has certain rights. And one of those rights is not to be harassed every day about capturing feral/alien/invasive lizards and providing homes for them instead of seeing them killed. It's NOT perfect. But it is not wrong in the context of the HERP hobby all together. I stand by my replies to people that are going to bother to email my private email. As was her freedom to contact me, it was my freedom to tell her to F off. Unless I am told that the sale of iguanas and giant anoles is prohibited, from legal sources, on FAUNA, I will continue to save these animals. And yes, I am getting paid for my time to do so. I can't work in a job yet, but I can walk out my door rather easily. If anyone has an issue with this, I apologize in advance that this bothers you. BUT ALL YOUR HERPS WERE CAPTURED AT ONE TIME. ALL OF THEM. The moral argument does not HOLD UP.

Sincerely, Kenneth E. Barnett (NaturalistGuy).

Old 04-03-2014, 01:49 AM   #3
chazzz
Lori,
A little advice, make sure you censor all foul language when posting. Even though they weren't your words initially they are now when you quote someone else and post it. You will be hit with infractions for not censoring curse words.

Now regarding your complaint was this all done via pm here through fauna or email? What is it you actually have a problem with that Kenneth is doing? I see mention that he is catching non-native lizards and selling them and also mentioning that they could be abused or killed by you. But your assumptions are just that and aren't necessarily the facts so could you please include all info on what this is about please so I can understand and everybody else reading can understand also?

Did you notify Kenneth about this thread? As in did you send him a link so he can respond and tell his side of this situation, which I'm still a bit unclear about. I get that he responded in a way that you didn't like but it also seems like he asked you to leave him alone which you did not. It seems like you were poking him with a stick and I'm not sure how many people would respond kindly when prodded. Not agreeing with the way he responded but I'm also not agreeing with the way you handled yourself either in this situation. Is he doing something illegal? This is why I would like to know more about what it is you felt so strongly about that he is doing to keep emailing him with your opinions even after he asked you not to.

He also stated he would have been willing to have a conversation with you and discuss the difference of opinions but was unwilling due to the way you already had spoken to him about your views. Did you leave anything out or is this all that was said in complete by both of you?

Old 04-03-2014, 01:55 AM   #4
Skinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseal View Post
Were destroying the ecosystem. Were destroying the earth. And it's up to us to look out for animals not profit off their skins. Because you don't know who you're selling to. And they could be using them for bait for all you know.
Did you realize the lizards he is catching from the wild and selling are wreaking havoc on the Florida ecosystem? They are not native lizards, they are invaders and do not belong here. Kudos to him for trying to help and making a bit of money too.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:58 AM   #5
NaturalistGuy
So, in fact, I have contacted my lawyer about two issues related to Ms. DeRacho/Vasquez's a) harassment of me, and b) posting to the board, private email messages that have nothing to do with any business transactions. In fact, EVERY ONE OF MY sales were made to a) long term keepers/breeders b) conservatories, or c) educational facilities. ALL are available (I just called them) to vouch for the health, and request for the animals. This was not a MONEY maker. I barely made anything with shipping. The entire premise is based on trying to stop me from doing something that I personally want to do. End of story. Judge as you will. I am sorry people are bothered by this, and I can't understand it, since so many WC animals are sold here with much less vetting, less control and less expertise. I'm pretty much baffled. BUT YES SHE PISSED ME OFF. Anyway. I have two gorgeous baby giant anoles that I just found on a cut-down tree that was destined to be wood chipped, they are ready for good homes. They are invasive here, and are eating native anoles. Best, Kenny (NaturalistGuy).

Old 04-03-2014, 02:01 AM   #6
NaturalistGuy
Thank you!!

To the level headed people who understand that I was harrassed over and over about my sale of invasive lizards. I am SAVING THEM.

Thank you SLINKER for your even minded approach, and understanding what is really going on.

I am making VERY LITTLE MONEY. I can't work anyhow, since I am not clear yet from my illness. But this was something that is not only somewhat fun to do- but also, getting animals that are invasive out of the ecosystem without immediate DEATH. Yes, the future of them is/are unclear. . .but so is the future of bearded dragons, leopard geckoes and so many other species. Why pick on ME? Really? There is no BASE difference AT ALL. Just put some thought into it.

Sincerely,
Kenenth E. Barnett (NaturalistGuy)

Old 04-03-2014, 02:09 AM   #7
NaturalistGuy
Dear Charles Koutris,

I have never killed or abused an animal IN MY LIFE. Any allegation of that is shear nonsense. I made a joke in the response to her, cause she WOULD'NT stop, that I was going to do what the STATE mandates- euthanasia by head chopping or freezing. Many MANY LATINS here eat the iguanas, and they're death is short of barbaric. Many are frozen to death as euthanasia by pest companies. I am collecting a FEW (a few, as in maybe 3/4 a week) and providing them only to well vetted facilities. Really, that's it. FERAL, ALIEN, INVASIVE lizards- that the STATE is killing to get them OUT of the ecosystem. I have devoted my life to educating about wildlife and their care. I have wildlife biology degree, and over 30 years in education and environmental conservation (17 years with the State of NY). I run a two nature blogs. One on FB and one at the domain Naturalistguy.com. To harass me- both on FAUNA, and then privately on my email account, really DID MAKE ME LOSE IT. But it was PRIVATE EMAIL. I hope some of us can at least understand, that this is really sill stuff. To attack ME? For removing invasive animals and trying to get them into homes before death. That is WHAT I am doing. My moral call. My judgement. Very respectfully, Kenneth E. Barnett (NG).

Old 04-03-2014, 02:14 AM   #8
NaturalistGuy
Dear Charles Koutris,

One last thing. I kindly ask, via the advice of my counsel, that this entire thread, on the board of inquiry, at your earliest convenience be expunged. It is not a business transaction complaint, and I have done NOTHING wrong. Thank you very much for your kind understanding and consideration. Sincerely, Kenneth E. Barnett (NG).

Old 04-03-2014, 02:22 AM   #9
NaturalistGuy
One last clarification, Charles- I saw you ask about where she contacted me: She had contacted me at least once at FAUNA (at least it seemed as if she did from the wording). Then this person contacted me by PRIVATE email. To my PRIVATE EMAIL (PRIVATE). This issue should NOT be a BOARD issue at all. Not one thing was done wrong. Not one bad sale, not one unhappy customer, not one injured animal, not one rip-off- NADA, NOTHING. Only happy people with some rescued animals, that are invasive, removed from an overburdened ecosystem. I am sorry, yes, that I blew up. But she wouldn't STOP. That's all. She can spend a lot of her energy getting FERAL CATS out of our woods- but I'd bet she'd say leave THEM there as well? Enough- yes. Best, Kenny

Old 04-03-2014, 02:24 AM   #10
chazzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalistGuy View Post
Dear Reptile People,

I am tired of getting both private email flames, and FAUNA flames about selling Invasive lizards from Broward that are destined for either bulldozing, death by pest operators, or from State control. While this may seem morally wrong to some, it is what I am doing, and I vet the people that are going to possession of these animals. It is my moral call. It was keeping and studying an iguana, in fact, that started my path to studying and going on to get a degree in wildlife. Nothing in life is perfect. I am not abusing animals, and most of what LORI DERACHO AKA LORI VAZQUEZ wrote to me at my private email- was harrassment. I asked her to STOP and she continued. I had block her via Gmail just to get it to stop. YES I was rude, and YES I lost my temper, but SO BE IT. I felt good doing it. After 90 days fighting cancer, she just picked the wrong time, and wrong argument. Any keeping of ANY animal, was started from the CAPTURE of an animal, be it even a dog or cat, and especially HERPS. We have to all understand that if no laws are broken, then an individual has certain rights. And one of those rights is not to be harassed every day about capturing feral/alien/invasive lizards and providing homes for them instead of seeing them killed. It's NOT perfect. But it is not wrong in the context of the HERP hobby all together. I stand by my replies to people that are going to bother to email my private email. As was her freedom to contact me, it was my freedom to tell her to F off. Unless I am told that the sale of iguanas and giant anoles is prohibited, from legal sources, on FAUNA, I will continue to save these animals. And yes, I am getting paid for my time to do so. I can't work in a job yet, but I can walk out my door rather easily. If anyone has an issue with this, I apologize in advance that this bothers you. BUT ALL YOUR HERPS WERE CAPTURED AT ONE TIME. ALL OF THEM. The moral argument does not HOLD UP.

Sincerely, Kenneth E. Barnett (NaturalistGuy).
Thank you for your response Kenneth and explaining what this is all about! You posted while I was typing my first reply, which had questions that you answered in your post.

As for what you are doing I see nothing wrong with it and why shouldn't you be compensated for doing so. Sometimes it just drives me nuts when I hear people preaching so and so cares more about the money then the animals, just because someone makes a profit. Not saying that there isn't people like that in this industry because there is but the phrase is used all to much especially when someone is grasping at straws.

Since this was a private email correspondence that you didn't initiate and you asked that she not contact you anymore I hardly see the issue. Sometimes enough is enough especially if you feel like you're being harassed, you might not respond in the most polite fashion. Whether your language choices were called for or not you felt it was necessary. This did not have anything to do with a transaction but someone who was intent on imposing their views on you whether you wanted to hear them or not. I'm not sure who wouldn't get annoyed and loose their cool at a certain point.

I'm not really sure what Lori was so against what you are doing in the first place. It seems pretty clear to me that what you're doing is not only legal it also saves the lives of these invasive species running wild in Broward county. I'm not sure you can poke any holes in what you're doing and if there is something I'm missing I'd like to be enlightened. As it is now I don't see anything wrong with capturing non-native species and selling them. I think its a great what you're doing and until someone can convince me otherwise that's where I stand on the subject! Good Luck Kenneth and congratulations on beating cancer!! I have lost way to many great people to cancer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!