Help..Respitory infection - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-18-2005, 06:20 PM   #1
thebiggestb
Help..Respitory infection

I need to know the names of antibiotics(for lack of a better word) the vets give the snakes for respitory infections. I believe one starts with a B, but I just can't think of it.

Thanks in advance,
Brett Kalinowski

Old 02-18-2005, 06:45 PM   #2
DAND
Brett,

Baytril (sp?) but if your snake has a resp infection a vet would be better at determining which would be better. Roberts and Wendt animal hospital on 117th is where I would suggest. Dr. Wendt is one of the best around.

Old 02-18-2005, 10:52 PM   #3
thebiggestb
Thanks for the help.

Old 02-19-2005, 01:47 PM   #4
Mike Greathouse
Brett,
Since it's the weekend and you may not be able to see a vet until Monday, there are a couple things you can do on your own.

Raise the temperature in the enclosure a few degrees. Assuming that you've been maintaining in the mid 80's to low 90's, try kicking it up on the warm side to about 94 degrees. Also, if you can raise the humidity a bit, it will help. This time of year with heaters running, it gets difficult to keep the humidity levels up.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 02-27-2005, 05:27 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
Yes, Baytril is probably the ATB of choice. In the past I have had good results with Tylan too. It's like Aspirin, old but still good.

Regards

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!