Inquiry Backwater Reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
Keith Northrop
For the Record......couple of weeks ago....

I was in discussions with Backwater about some Texas Red Head Centipedes
that i have.......He wanted me to ship the Bugs to several addressesCustomers).....I declined....

Old 07-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #12
Kurohyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Northrop View Post
I was in discussions with Backwater about some Texas Red Head Centipedes
that i have.......He wanted me to ship the Bugs to several addressesCustomers).....I declined....
Absolutely disgusting, flipping is no way to make a living with live animals.

Also, they finally emailed me back after I reported the issue to Visa. They wanted pictures, so I sent one of him having troubles breathing and one of his frozen corpse. No reply so far =/

Old 07-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
Kurohyo
Woo! Finally got reimbursed my money, after Visa went out and got it for me.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #14
Kurohyo
So yesterday I received an e-mail from Backwater Reptiles about the dispute claim I was forced to make with the bank after they refused to respond to my attempts at communication. If you don't know the trouble I had with them, I received two very sickly red-tail green rat snakes on the verge of death. The female died the same day I received her by severe infection, near septic by the time we put her down, and the male by severe pneumonia that was suffocating him within a week. I gave them both vet names and locations to contact, a Dr. Whetstone at Parker Animal Clinic and a favorite Dr. Moore of Southlake Animal Hospital. They refunded the first amount but not the amount for the male, and I was forced to notify the bank after they would not respond. Now Sam, the business owner I'm guessing, is upset that for some reason he's been forced to pay the refund. This is a few months after it's happened. DO NOT purchase with Backwater.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #15
Geenie109
Decent seller

Old 08-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #16
BillMNJ
Hey Beth:

Thanks for the heads-up and the supporting info. It is also pretty telling that the seller never even bothered to respond to any of your messages, until they had to repay the $.

Glad we have a forum like this!

Bill

Old 08-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #17
Kurohyo
Okay, update on what's going on. They appear to think I'm stealing from them and that they're reporting me to a debt collection agency. WHAT? A college student looking for a pair of healthy pets is being reported to a debt collection agency, which affects credit rating, because she wants a refund for being sent two snakes rotting from the inside out? Really?

Old 08-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #18
Kurohyo
I don't even know any more. What's wrong with these people that they end up in messes every time their name comes up?

Old 08-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #19
ronritzer
They are a drop shipper

Old 08-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #20
ronritzer
they also slandered florida herps and accused them of doing things that backwater themselves does, like being a dropshipper.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!