Ravenclaw Ball Python - Leopard x Woma? Details inside. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #21
mgoblue347
What is the guy to girl ratio? Gorgeous snakes, the one in the top right of the picture of them all really glows.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #22
viper99
Some answers to questions

The Sire (Leopard Pied) has done a bit of breeding here, So far has produced with Pastel, Pastel het pied, Woma, and Normals.

The Leopard trait shows up in offspring basically 50% of the time.

The 5 egg clutch from Leopard Pied Sire to Woma Dam Produced 3 males and 2 females (3.2)

Old 04-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #23
dustinNMpythons
those are without any doubt what so ever leopard womas. It doesn't take test breeding to see that. Congrats on an awesome clutch!

Old 04-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #24
viper99
That is my hope for sure.

Thank You, I do hope that all turn out to be Leopard Womas, but odds are odds. Sire has proven to produce about 50% leopards on average, this is first clutch from Woma (which is a visual Woma, not ivory, so would be expected to only produce 50% woma offspring), so that leaves me with some hard to swallow possibilities. Ordinary (yet special) Leopard Womas 1024 to 1 odds, Leopard to a new type of Super that looks like a woma 32 to 1 odds, Or perhaps an unexpected reaction between leopard, woma and pied. As they mature and finally breed, and as others produce leopard woma combos hopefully this clutch can be confirmed with confidence, but without a single Normal, Leopard, or Woma in the clutch I must do my homework to be able to represent these animals properly. Hopefully they all prove out and my only problem is that I got a little too lucky.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #25
dustinNMpythons
So your saying you think the woma could be a new type of super that looks like a Woma, that's HIGHLY doubtful. I would lean more towards you got extremely lucky in getting all leopard woma's. They say that leopard is tied in to the pied gene and all of the leopards are het pied, I'm not sure if its ever been proven but if it was a leopard pied then all of them would be het pied which might have influenced them to all turn out leopard. I don't know but its interesting.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #26
viper99
Clarification

Hi,

Just wanted to clarify that I cannot state that my woma is a super form of something new, just that I am at this time, in regards to this clutch, based on the odds, not comfortable with assuming that these snakes all carry both the leopard and woma gene. That said, to eliminate any doubt I must honestly consider all other possible explanations, one of which, albeit remote, is that the Woma is a super form of something, certainly not a statement of fact at this time, only a possibility that must be eliminated on the path to a workable proof. I am quite glad to have such a quandry, now I wont have to stay up at night worrying that I dont have any problems that will take me years to figure out, oh if my high school biology teacher could see me now.

Best Regards,

Mark Martinek

Old 04-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #27
dustinNMpythons
lol well good luck but your not the first person to get a clutch of dominant morph that passed on to all the babies. I've also seen instances where visual recessive to het produces all hets and no visuals. It's not just odds a little luck is involved too.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #28
scites
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...l#post12138360

what ever happened to these guys? Check out my pics ill attach a hyper link below. These were made from a woma to a WC female with abbarent patterns. I thought the WC female was just a crazy looking black back. ?

Old 02-08-2015, 12:15 AM   #29
BoasBallsandBurms
I've been searching everywhere for some guidance on distinguishing Pieds from Leopard Pieds and there's not much out there. Does a "leopard pied" usually have to be proved out before you can label it as such?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!