Info Herpterra - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:33 AM   #21
John E Dove
buy = buyer

Old 02-13-2009, 02:55 AM   #22
Cat_72
Uh.......what?

I will say I still don't understand why this was posted in the first place, but...if someone is ignorant enough to pack up all of their animals (including some that were have going to have just gone through shipping a very short time before) and haul them around just to "show them off"...completely oblivious to the stress it causes them, not to mention anything else they would potentially be exposed to (if you were going to take these new womas along too, I'm guessing that means you don't quarantine?)...all for the sake of showing off and inflating his own ego, at the expense of the well-being of the animals...I sure as heck wouldn't do business with him. What a .

If you want something to haul around and show off, maybe you should try something that isn't ALIVE.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:53 AM   #23
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72 View Post
Uh.......what?

I will say I still don't understand why this was posted in the first place, but...if someone is ignorant enough to pack up all of their animals (including some that were have going to have just gone through shipping a very short time before) and haul them around just to "show them off"...completely oblivious to the stress it causes them, not to mention anything else they would potentially be exposed to (if you were going to take these new womas along too, I'm guessing that means you don't quarantine?)...all for the sake of showing off and inflating his own ego, at the expense of the well-being of the animals...I sure as heck wouldn't do business with him. What a .

If you want something to haul around and show off, maybe you should try something that isn't ALIVE.

Yeah, why not take pictures of your snakes and take them to show and tell?

Randal Berry

Old 02-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #24
hhmoore
This has got to be one of the more pointless BOI threads I have seen. In fact, if lbakman@socal.rr.com hadn't posted his comment, I would have moved it out of this forum.
Now, sadly, this thread has to stay here. Hopefully, this will quickly sink to the middle of the pile...and anybody else that wants to offer feedback about herpterra will start another thread. :

Old 02-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #25
ForkedTung
You know what this sounds like:

The buyer sent Mr. Clark an E-check for some Womas.
The buyer wanted Mr. Clark to send the Womas before the check had cleared so he could unbelievably drag them around in some strange show-n-tell.
The buyer supposedly got drunk and lost his wallet.
The buyer starts a thread here preemptively to head off a possible Bad Guy thread that he thinks Mr. Clark may start when he finds out there are no funds to cover the E-check, ( hence the "got drunk" and "every other E-check I ever wrote was good).
The buyer has unwittingly brought attention to his shall we say "sketchy" practices instead of just contacting Mr. Clark in the first place and saying I've changed my mind, and the E-check won't clear anyway.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #26
MikeCurtin
Yeah, Kyle....I think that sums it up.

J.B. - Click on "UserCP", and you'll see a section for "subscribed threads". That is where you may unsubscribe to this useless thread you have started and now want nothing to do with.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #27
lbakman@socal.rr.com
Get a life people

Get a life people..

Old 02-14-2009, 02:18 AM   #28
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbakman@socal.rr.com View Post
Get a life people..
You must be here to make friends.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:43 AM   #29
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
This has got to be one of the more pointless BOI threads I have seen. In fact, if lbakman@socal.rr.com hadn't posted his comment, I would have moved it out of this forum.
Now, sadly, this thread has to stay here. Hopefully, this will quickly sink to the middle of the pile...and anybody else that wants to offer feedback about herpterra will start another thread. :
I'm kinda glad this is here. It shows the bad judgment that herpterra tends to make. It brings major questions on his animal care when he wants to take a newly acquired animal on a road trip so he can show off to his friends. Forget quarantine or establishing a good feeding regimen, he needs to show it off or apparently it's not worth having. He even said himself "I dont need them after this weekend they arnt of age for any season yet so i chose to pass"

He cancels payments without ever letting the seller know about it. Instead he goes into a public forum and calls himself out. He claims to "have every possible morph you could ask for in my ball collection except a WOMA". But the photo gallery on his site only has one picture of a normal. I know if I had all these morphs I'd sure be quick to show them off. Not to mention the other personal things he brought up that he shouldn't have.

I just don't see him as the type of person I'd be comfortable buying from. So I'm glad he called himself out. I like to buy from those that show good judgment and strive for excellence with regard to animal care. I just don't see that here.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:46 AM   #30
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
I'm kinda glad this is here. It shows the bad judgment that herpterra tends to make. It brings major questions on his animal care when he wants to take a newly acquired animal on a road trip so he can show off to his friends. Forget quarantine or establishing a good feeding regimen, he needs to show it off or apparently it's not worth having. He even said himself "I dont need them after this weekend they arnt of age for any season yet so i chose to pass"

He cancels payments without ever letting the seller know about it. Instead he goes into a public forum and calls himself out. He claims to "have every possible morph you could ask for in my ball collection except a WOMA". But the photo gallery on his site only has one picture of a normal. I know if I had all these morphs I'd sure be quick to show them off. Not to mention the other personal things he brought up that he shouldn't have.

I just don't see him as the type of person I'd be comfortable buying from. So I'm glad he called himself out. I like to buy from those that show good judgment and strive for excellence with regard to animal care. I just don't see that here.

I think not only does it gives potential BUYERS good information, but folks who may be SELLING to this guy too.

Now, if I had sold the average buyer an animal, say he got it on a Thursday, and on Monday he called me and told me that it was dead...I may very well be inclined to still offer at least partial refund, replacement, that sort of thing, simply because I feel that any animal that I sell should be 100% healthy, and perhaps there was something wrong that I didn't or couldn't detect before shipping it, because a normal, well packed shipping trip should obviously not cause an animal to die a couple of days later.

However...knowing that this guy thinks so little of the welfare of the animals, and would be willing to take a newly acquired animal and haul it around on a roadtrip immediately after that shipment....well, I sure as heck wouldn't want to sell to him - for my financial sake as well as the sake of the animal. I'm going to bet that he wouldn't have told me that he took it on this little ego-trip, he'd just all and tell me that the animal had died and he had no earthy idea what happened to it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
herpterra, j.daniel