Adoption BP - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 12:59 PM   #31
NEWReptiles
Quote:
but we are paying extra to get it in then...
Really? Thats swell..........

I hope it makes it long enough to see a new owner.

Old 02-21-2004, 01:21 PM   #32
Sybella
Great! Thank you, Jeremy (or Jeremy's wife). I've been so worried about this snake...don't forget to come back and let us know how it goes, please.

Lighten up, Al. They're trying and doing their best. They will also be losing wages from missed work on Tuesday. I'm sure you've had rough patches too. Life isn't peachy for anyone ALL of the time...especially during Tax season! LOL!

Old 02-21-2004, 01:26 PM   #33
MiSFiTz
Quote:
Originally posted by realvenum
Really? Thats swell..........

I hope it makes it long enough to see a new owner.
This snake wont see a new owner we are keeping it

Ill let you guys know what the vet says..

Old 02-21-2004, 02:22 PM   #34
scooterjoe
GREAT, didn't mean to come down so hard it just seamed to me like you were slacking on your pet owner duties, glade you decided to keep him or her (I forgot what sex) and let this be an important lesson ALWAYS keep new arrivals separate to keep from spreading the nasties best of luck hope it all works out.

Old 02-24-2004, 08:46 PM   #35
MiSFiTz
Well we went to the vet..
I dont think this lady knew wth she was talking about but she might have..

Anyhow long story short i was there like 2 hours to have the snake be given a shot of baytril and some kind of antibiotics..

I have to continue to give the snake anti's 2 times a day for 2 weeks..

Cost me 85.00 for that visit

Old 02-24-2004, 09:01 PM   #36
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Cost me 85.00 for that visit
Must be nice.

I just stuck over $150 into an animal that I rescued on Friday.
I had 0 intentions of keeping or breeding the lil girl, it just made me feel bad. Long story short, I spent ALOT of time and money on another persons animal that they haven't cared for in months. And after all my effort, it now resides in my freezer.

I wish you the best of luck with it, and please, if you feel you may not want to keep this animal, let another person care for it rather than let its health slip.

Old 02-24-2004, 09:09 PM   #37
MiSFiTz
if we didnt want to care for it we wouldnt of spent 2 hours drivin and 85.00 that we didnt have.....believe me we will do all we can to save it...

Old 02-24-2004, 09:16 PM   #38
Aprylla
Cheap..

Yeah, I would have to say that you got off cheap on this one. I just took a blood python to the vet a few days ago when I received it because I received it with a URI that I wasn't informed about. That vet visit cost me $170 plus he will need another check up or two in the coming weeks which isn't.

When you have reptiles you have to be prepared (and willing) to do what needs to be done for them when they get sick, the same as if you have a dog, a cat or even a child. Obviously, adults can take themselves to the doctor if they are not feeling well, but reptiles depend on thier owners/keepers to keep them alive and healthy.

I am glad you were able to get the Ball Python to the vet. I hope that it's health improves. I would keep a close eye on it though because things like this ofetn appear to get better and then come back all of the sudden.

If you have questions about your vet's ability with reptiles, you can look for a reptile vet who specializes and has had training in dealing with reptiles. There is a great website for the Association of Reptile and Amphibian Veterinarians at: ww.arav.org The peopel listed on that site generally are the vets that have more knowledge of caring for sick reptiles than your run of the mill dog and cat vets.

Good luck and I hope that everything turns out ok.

Old 02-25-2004, 02:42 AM   #39
Sybella
I agree. $85 wasn't too bad. It could have been much worse. Hopefully the baytril helps.

Thanks for the update!

Old 02-25-2004, 02:52 AM   #40
scooterjoe
Well everone beat me to it, $85 for a visit and 2 shots is a deal, hope it all works out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread