Go Airborne - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 01-09-2003, 11:36 AM   #11
Ron Billingsley
Angry

And I bet that delievery guy will from now on, take special care of all your packages!!

Old 01-09-2003, 03:23 PM   #12
REDDAWG43
I used Airborne fr th first time...

I just recently used Airborne and all went like clock work...
Not a single complaint from me...
With other shippers I had a few problems. So I guess I'll keep using Airborne. They have at least started with me on the right foot!!

MELVIN EFRECE

Old 01-09-2003, 03:54 PM   #13
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Airborne

I've never shipped a reptile, but I have recieved shipments of reptiles 3 times from Airborne Express. All three to the same address. 1st time.......September 11, 2001. That box didn't make it onto the Air Force base I lived on (NO box was getting on a base that day) Called airborne and the lady found that box and made sure it was in her office and safe until I could come and get it. Good Job. 2nd delivery, no problem, right to my door in a timely fashion. Good Job.

The 3rd one though. I was at home (As always when expecting reptiles) and had the front door open (Screen closed) and was anxiously waiting for my box. At about 3:00 pm I began to get anxious and looked out my front door to find my box sitting on my step for God knows how long in the sun, in the middle of the Majove desert. I am SURE no one rang my bell or knocked on my door as my dog would have barked. Luckily the snakes were fine, but I was pretty mad.

I think its a craps shoot on the driver. Could be good, could be parbroiled or frozen snakes.

Old 01-09-2003, 07:41 PM   #14
Adam Block
I just got this email....

What do you guys make of this? I just got this email and I find it a little odd I've been using FedEx 5 years and have just gotten this after the whole KS thing went down. Anybody have any thoughts?

Quote:
Mr. Block,
It has come to my attention that you are shipping Live Reptiles via
FedEx. This is prohibited in accordance with the FedEx Service Guide.
Page 10. Prohibited Items. The FedEx Service Guide can also be found
online at www.fedex.com.

In addition, FedEx demands that Impact Reptiles immediately cease all
use of the FedEx/Federal Express logo or any other FedEx service mark or
trade mark. You must provide written confirmation that Impact Reptiles
has ceased all use and distribution of such materials. Your immediate
compliance with this demand is required. FedEx reserves all rights,
causes of action and remedies it may have in this matter.

James Brown
Paralegal
FedEx Corporation
3620 Hacks Cross Road
Building B-3rd Floor
Memphis, TN 38125
901.434.9255 fax
<<Brown, James S..vcf>>
Adam Block

Old 01-09-2003, 08:29 PM   #15
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
well

THAT was mighty low. Whomever it was that "Notified" FedEx was expressly looking to destroy your business. I wonder if it was in fact this Jeff person or a lap dog that actually did the dirty work? Try not to fall to the temptation for a little pay back on this one Adam, you don't know who actually did it and no one wants to see this type of thing going on. Starting to feel a bit like the Godfather now..........someone is looking to make Impact reptiles "Sleep with the fishies"

Old 01-09-2003, 09:16 PM   #16
Adam Block
I agree with you 100%! At first it ticked me off very much.

I will say that since being banned, I haven't been able to pay one of my debts, I owe a few people money for pending deals, this includes Casey, Chad Martin, Frank Hayden and others. I understand there are other options out there but there are NO other options that move animals. If you look at the traffic to me site you will see:

Week 50 328

Week 51 249

Week 52 170

Week 01 84

Week 02 76

Since I was banned traffic has dropped A LOT and emails are gone. I'm not saying I won't get over it but I will say Jeff has the ability to take away 90% of a sellers income. If I do sell on other sites it will not be even close to the same prices.

I'm also not saying Jeff or somebody he knows reported me to FedEx. What I will say is that in 5 years of shipping with them I find it odd I've been banned within a month of my fallout with Jeff.

Of course I will be bigger then that, what else can you do? Without traffic and the ability to ship it makes things very hard.

Adam Block

Old 01-09-2003, 09:57 PM   #17
WebSlave
Adam,

Where else do you advertise?

I just checked and the ONLY advertisement you have on this site is that infamous list that got you in trouble on KS. Do you have advertisements on other sites? Are you on the FaunaTopSites links? Banner ads? Anything? How are people SUPPOSED to find you?

Heck you can always post something on rec.pets.herp and get some exposure there as well. I think that's where a lot of the raw newbies come into the internet, and certainly where a lot of sites got their starts.

Yeah it may be more effort without KS, but it can be done.

Heck, I'm tempted to put up a links page solely dedicated to KS outcasts. Well there's a project for you! Set it up and I'll put up a link for you. Probably be worth it in giggle value anyway. A kind of who's who of people whom have pissed off Jeff. KS-outcasts.com

Old 01-09-2003, 10:25 PM   #18
gila7150
Adam,
Have you checked in to that email to see if it's a hoax. The name of that paralegal has me wondering. (LOL)
I wonder if he works with Susan Smith

Chris Raden

Old 01-09-2003, 11:04 PM   #19
WebSlave
You know, Chris does have a point here. I doubt that FedEx would do anything in an official legal manner like that via email.

Adam check the header of that email and post it here so we can get someone to analyze it to try to figure out where it really came from.

Paralegal? Huh... I didn't know lawyers jumped out of airplanes voluntarily, like paratroopers.... I always thought they were thrown invountarily....

Old 01-09-2003, 11:11 PM   #20
Darin Chappell
And without chutes too, WebSlave. Don't forget the lack of chutes!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!