Anthony Caponetto...ACREPTILES? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-13-2004, 06:01 PM   #41
Monte
well . . .

. . . I read that shameful and embarrassing thread . . . unfortunately . . . and I think that everyone got a little heated in there (to say the least)

I love Anthony's geckos and will deal with him in the future, most assuredly. He has admitted when he has erred - has offered repeatedly to bury the hatchet and I think that's what needs to be done.

Sheesh . . . let's put this behind us.

Don't make me sic my Schnoodle on you guys . . .

Old 10-13-2004, 06:12 PM   #42
WebSlave
That "other" thread was moved to the HELL forum for a reason. If any of you want to discuss the topics in that thread, take the discussion over there rather than rehassing it all here, please.

Old 10-13-2004, 06:29 PM   #43
repfriend
This thread is about Anthonys reputation. Everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Some people form an opinion based on direct dealings with another person. Some base it on other peoples experiences. Some even base it on hearsay.

I base my opinion about Anthony about something he has done to another member of this forum. It is not hearsay, though...as Anthony himself admitting to having done this.

So although my opinion has "indirectly" to do with an unmentionable thread that was moved...it is still my opinion about Anthony's integrity, so it has a right in this here thread.

So here is my opinion.

Anthony, for what you have said and done to Robin, you are one low piece of horse manure. There are things you just don't do or say if you have even the least amount of class.

Blackmailing a person, threatening to "tell" on her medical conditions, what a worthless worm you are. There are many things that can be said or done in anger, or in a heat of moment. And then there are the things people should just never do. At least halfway decent people.

And with you, it wasn't even in the heat of moment or out of anger, you calmly even excuse and try to explain yourself and why you did it, guess you see nothing wrong with it.

So this is my opinion. I don't care if Anthony breeds crested geckos that poop goldnuggets and come in diamond encrusted shipping boxes, he will never be a person I will ever consider purchasing from, period.

Aside from all that, Robin might be very forward and "tell it like it is", but she has integrity, honesty and a HEART, which cannot be said of this Anthony person.

There have been studies about physically "lacking" men putting down and threatening women in this fashion...I always wondered if there was something to those studies.

And FYI most anyone has some form of chemical imbalance in their brain, sometimes for only short period of times, some people have to fight it all their lives. In some people it is so insignificant they might never know it, others have more problems with it.

It can be controlled with medication, and it doesn't mean that people suffering from this are any more or less "crazy", then people suffering from diabetes.

If anything people like Anthony are the ones with a "disease" in their head. To be as viscious as that, something must have went haywire up there.

So again, to keep this relevant, I would NOT purchase from Anthony, nor would I recommend it to anyone else, no matter what he offers for sale or the quality of it.

But hey, everything is just in my humble opinion

Old 10-13-2004, 06:37 PM   #44
jmkhet
Im glad this is all getting put out there, and im glad everyones making such a big deal about Robins sycosis.I for the millionth time am glad for being able to deal with Anthony, id be really angery if i would have bought some geckos from Robin and she had a sycotic episode and forgot all about my order or that i paid at all.Now that i know this may be the case ill remember this thread and make sure not to by from her, thanks to all who put this info. on this thread it really helped. Josh

Old 10-13-2004, 06:56 PM   #45
NeoScales
Quote:
There have been studies about physically "lacking" men putting down and threatening women in this fashion...I always wondered if there was something to those studies.
Awe, we're not trying to bait Anthony with the transparent and mindless gender divisive characterizations of him are we? Looks like some women commenting on this thread are the ones suffering from an inferiority complex. What a disservice you perform to the women in our reptile community.

-Randy May

Old 10-13-2004, 06:57 PM   #46
repfriend
Josh,

If you want to talk about anything at all, at least try to educate yourself SOMEWHAT about it first, k?

First of all...its spelled PSYCHOTIC and ANGRY.

And if you are truly so closeminded, it might be YOU that needs help upstairs instead.

Do a search on Robin's business here on this forum. Ask anyone that personally knows her. You will find a whole lot of very satisfied customers and many good friends.

You though, are putting yourself right on the same level as Anthony with your ignorance and meanspiritedness.

At least a chemical imbalance is easily treated and controlled.

I wish there was something that could be done about outright stupidness.

imho

Old 10-13-2004, 07:08 PM   #47
repfriend
Randy,

don't read more into things then there are.

Reading about just how low of a thing Anthonys done simply reminded me of a study I read about a few weeks ago, that is all.
I was "thinking out loud" and yes, I probably shouldn't have.

But one just wonders just what it is in some people, that make them do the things they do....and since he sent those particularly nasty emails and threats to 2 women, I couldn't help but wonder.

But I'm doing such a disservice to the industry. I think the industry needs no help from me in this regard, seeing as to what levels some will stoop.

For what its worth, I'm sorry for the above mentioned comment, it really wasn't relevant and I should have kept my thoughts about that to myself.

But I stand firm in my opinion about Anthony.

and that is what it is, my humble opinion.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:22 PM   #48
Xelda
Quote:
Originally posted by jmkhet
id be really angery if i would have bought some geckos from Robin and she had a sycotic episode and forgot all about my order or that i paid at all.Now that i know this may be the case ill remember this thread and make sure not to by from her, thanks to all who put this info. on this thread it really helped. Josh
Robin is one of the best people in the trade. There's no question about it if you ever do business with her. I've bought geckos from her and have spent hours chatting with her on the phone. I consider her to be an extremely helpful resource and just an awesome person overall. She has great positive feedback on the BOI for a reason.

I followed along with the other thread from the very beginning. Yes, the arguments about mental disorders were in bad taste, but so was 98% of that thread. More people got involved than there really should have been, as the person who started the thread was able to resolve the original issue about snake mites long before the thread snowballed. It turned into one convoluted mess where people still ticked off about one issue had to start arguing with other people about other irrelevant issues.

While I do find this all interesting to read, I really hate that good people in this hobby are trying to make other good people look bad. I have come across some real jerks in the herp business who are obviously very phony and show no respect for the animals they keep. These are the people who truly warrant Bad Guy threads on the BOI. From my experiences, neither Anthony nor Robin fall under this category. You can make your decisions about whether or not you want to buy from them (and I'm being honest when I say you would really miss out to NOT buy from either of them), but leave the psychoanalysis out of it.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:35 PM   #49
Dr Owens
Second moderator warning

Personal grudges do not have a place on the BOI. Rich has already warned certain members about dragging issues from Hell to the BOI.

If someone has information about business dealings that they have had with Anthony, then they are free to post it. Otherwise it's time to dispense with this childish pettiness.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:51 PM   #50
repfriend
Hi Jay,

so I can only post my opinion on Anthony based on business dealings with him?

Does that apply to any posts about anyone on the BOI?

Am I allowed to post whether or not I would recommend to do business with Anthony, based on how he conducts himself and how he treats other reptile breeders?

I was under the assumption that I could, so I'm sorry if I was wrong.

But I do take offense that my opinion is called "childish pettiness".

Seems to me, you have your own strong opinions about things on certain threads, even though you as a moderator should stay absolutely neutral.

But even that is just my opinion.

I like that Rich never takes "sides", thats the way it should be. He said that other threads shouldn't be dug up, but as far as I know he lets people say their mind.

And my mind is about something Anthony has DONE, admitably DONE.

It doesn't matter if what he has done was discussed somewhere else as well.

I would say about 75% of posts on the BOI do not come from people that have had direct dealings, I don't see them getting deleted or the authors getting reprimanded, as long as they do not break any rules.

mho

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!