Please Do Not Kill the Snake - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-13-2004, 04:41 PM   #11
Mustangrde1
Glen ive personally seen Gaboons, Fer de lance and Rhinos launch themselves. In fact my closest call was a Fer de that went from the cage between my arm and body and on the floor. In all cases they used the cage to push off. I would expect this to be possible from many species in the wild as well if they were against a tree or rock etc. Deffinately not the norm. As for arboreals I have one pigmy that is constantly in a bush in its cage. This is also one that Found me he was on a palm frawn when we met. Not a pleasant meeting. anything is probable i suppose.

Snake ID is a difficult thing for many people I wish there was better way to ID the local venomous and their look alikes that a layman can easily use. That is one reason for this article I hope to do one in the future for all 4 of the South Floirda Venomous. Perhaps I can reproduce them and hand them out at expos and eco center activities. At least then people would see the hot next to non venomous mimic and then the two seperate IDing them correctly.

Old 09-30-2004, 08:11 AM   #12
luchadora_5245
Re: Please Do Not Kill the Snake

Hi i agree with wat u say coz i own several poisonous snake and they have never bitten me b4 coz i respect them and if they come to my house i will feed them and killing snake coz u are afraid of it is stupid and a way to identify a coral to another harmless breed is a rymth it gos like this ( red touches black friend of jack red touches yellow kills a fellow ) it really works

Old 09-30-2004, 08:30 AM   #13
Seamus Haley
The rhyme doesn't work...

Quick, identify the following animals as being dangerous corals or totally harmless (or nearly so) venomless or low toxicity rear fanged species... Ready? Stolen photos start now!

To make it even easier, some of them should have the nomenclature right on the photo and all of them are from the same website with the filename identifying the species... But you just use your rhyme and tell me which ones to freehandle. Just promise to pay for my medical bills in advance.

The only good advice which can be given for people to determine if a snake is potentially dangerous or not is... IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, LEAVE IT ALONE. Treat all unknown animals as being venomous until you are 100% totally certain this is not the case. Don't mumble some rhyme and then get yourself nailed by something dangerous... or mumble some rhyme, encourage others to mumble some idiotic rhyme and sit back as abberrent thayeri are decapitated by the hundreds.

Old 09-30-2004, 09:16 PM   #14
luchadora_5245
hey kid i have been nailed by king cobras and black mamdas for more then 20 times and coral snakes are just desserts and handling snakes are my forte so if u don't trust my rymth don't touch any kind of snakes

Old 09-30-2004, 10:38 PM   #15
Seamus Haley
Quote:
hey kid i have been nailed by king cobras and black mamdas for more then 20 times and coral snakes are just desserts and handling snakes are my forte so if u don't trust my rymth don't touch any kind of snakes
Okay, this is the third or fourth thread where this... person... has posted some outright damgerous things and a couple blatant lies about venomous species...

Could we get an IP check? Because I frankly have my doubts about the person's origin and will flat out call them a filthy stinking liar when it comes to their experience and education. The behavior has been nothing short of trolling, which usually means a disgruntled person with a bad BOI thread and before addressing them further I'd kinda like to know if this is the case or not.

Old 10-01-2004, 12:20 AM   #16
luchadora_5245
Seamus Haley
since u say the rymth doesn't ok which snake goes against that rymth or which harmless snake has a red touches yellow colour if u can show me the picture i will study it asap

Old 10-01-2004, 04:36 AM   #17
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamus Haley
Okay, this is the third or fourth thread where this... person... has posted some outright damgerous things and a couple blatant lies about venomous species...

Could we get an IP check? Because I frankly have my doubts about the person's origin and will flat out call them a filthy stinking liar when it comes to their experience and education. The behavior has been nothing short of trolling, which usually means a disgruntled person with a bad BOI thread and before addressing them further I'd kinda like to know if this is the case or not.
Seamus,
I saw this guy earlier today, and I thought the exact same thing. I traced his IP at the time and it does trace to Singapore. Considering that english is probably his second language, some of his posts make a little more sense. Of course, no one ever said that a troll has to come from this country.

Old 10-01-2004, 06:41 AM   #18
snakegetters
Quote:
Originally posted by luchadora_5245
Dangerous, irresponsible and illiterate advice. There is nothing to be particularly proud of about getting bitten by venomous snakes. It means you screwed up.

Thanks to Seamus and Dr. Owens for keeping a closer eye on the forums than I can at the moment from the middle of a Federal disaster zone.

Old 10-01-2004, 07:40 AM   #19
Hognose_311
thats Nothing to brag About luchadora, not too smart are you...

Old 10-01-2004, 04:17 PM   #20
Alias47
Now that the "Singapore BULLSH**Slinger" has been thoroughly bashed (yeah I saw him talking 'bout getting bit by a cobra...what a load of crap)

One method no one mentioned in all this debate about broom length (the average length of a push broom handle is around 5' not counting the head of the broom) was number one walk in the direct opposite direction...leave the snake a clear path to freedom (don't get between it and the place it wants to go)...and if it is not inside your house...spray it with a hose. This not only gives you PLENTY of safe distance...but will cool that snake off faster than any other method. The snake become uncomfortable and leaves...and with some of this "aversion training" will probably not frequent the areas for some time.

I am definitely NOT an expert on venomous reptiles...but I know a little (never enough) about snakes in general, and I also know this is a recommended method.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!