Female gravid for 5 months finally layed! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-13-2004, 11:16 PM   #1
Golden Gate Geckos
Female gravid for 5 months finally layed!

Last September when I was vending at the IRBA San Mateo show, I traded with another vendor for a beautiful adult patternless female that was unmistakedly gravid. When two months passed and no eggs, I started to really be concerned. She was eating very well, and actually growing, but I called my vet anyway. He told me not to worry, she would lay the eggs when she ovulated again.

She passed her 90-day quarantine, and I put her in with my patternless breeding colony. She continued to eat well, and showed no signs of stress of any kind. Well, 2 days ago, she stopped eating. This afternoon, I pulled her out and put her in a private enclosure with a laying box.

About an hour ago, I checked on her, and she had layed 2 eggs... obviously infertile. She is doing great! She drank a lot of water, and powered down 6 crickets. She's back in with her 'family', laying on top of one of the hides taking a nap.

I have never heard of a leo being gravid for 5 months. I emailed my vet with the news, and his response was, "Cool". I have been a wreck for 4 months!!!

Old 02-15-2004, 09:08 AM   #2
Road Warrior
Wow, thats something else! I have a female thats been gravid a little over a month now. last year she layed her cluthes about every 20 days. I couldn't imagine that long.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!