New Show in Central PA! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #11
Double LY
Just wanted to take a second and wish you major *GOOD LUCK* with the show!!!!! I don't know you at all, but you have proven to be a real trooper and have kept things very professional throughout the entire ordeal

Old 10-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #12
GottaLuvHerps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double LY View Post
Just wanted to take a second and wish you major *GOOD LUCK* with the show!!!!! I don't know you at all, but you have proven to be a real trooper and have kept things very professional throughout the entire ordeal
Kelly, thanks SO much for the good wishes. I am going crazy right now trying to make sure everything is perfect, but I think things will go well. Just last minute jitters getting to me! 4 days to go, and I'm READY!

Kelly Kordek

Old 10-11-2008, 10:11 PM   #13
johns6068
I was able to go to the show today. It was a very nice show Kelly did a really nice job putting it together

Old 10-13-2008, 09:04 AM   #14
GottaLuvHerps
I want to thank EVERYONE for a great show!! We all had tons of fun, and have already re-booked many of our vendors for the January show! I missed meeting some of you that said you were coming, but we would love to get any feedback you might have, so let us know what you thought!

Keep an eye out for updates on the January show coming up really soon, and pictures of the October show will be going up on the new webpage this week!

John, wish we could have had a chance to meet, but maybe in January!!

Kelly Kordek

Old 10-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #15
Dennis Hultman
Kelly, Glad that it went well. Congratulations, you made it through without pulling all your hair out. How was attendance and vendor turnout?

Old 10-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #16
GottaLuvHerps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Kelly, Glad that it went well. Congratulations, you made it through without pulling all your hair out. How was attendance and vendor turnout?
Well, attendance could have been better, we had about 300 people through the door, but everyone has said that it wasn't bad for a first ever show. I even have a picture of our first ever customers, they were really awesome about letting us get them on film. Everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves, and lots said they will be back in January at the new venue.

Vendors were GREAT! In total, we had 29 on the floor, taking all but 4 tables of a 68 table show. We had one vendor who was really sick and couldn't make it, but is hoping to get back with us for the next show. Tons of the vendors have already booked for the next show, and I have a feeling that lots more will be booking up this week. Plus hopefully the ones that couldn't make it because of other commitments this time around will be able to come on board in 09.

I am already working full speed ahead on 09, and after the success of the show on Saturday, I think we have a good thing going!

Kelly

Old 10-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #17
LakesideBoas
That's wonderful!!

I am so glad things went off without a hitch for you both!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:14 PM   #18
TripleMoonsExotic
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:45 PM   #19
GottaLuvHerps
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!
Soon, I PROMISE!! Matt got a lot of good setup shots, and I am hoping to get some pics from some of the vendors that came too, as we were SO super busy I don't think we got too many shots of the day as it went on.

Here's a pic of our first ever customers, Wes and Brandon, with one of the sulcatta's that was up for adoption at the NY Metro Herp Society (this sulcatta, I believe, went to the Lancaster Herp Society/Forgotten Friends Reptile Sanctuary group later in the day).

More will come later, I swear!

Old 10-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #20
HappyHillbilly
Congratulations, Kelly & Matt!

I'm glad to hear things went so well. I'd say that was a good turnout for a first show, plus Tinley going on at the same time.

Good work!

Ya'll hang in there!
Mike
(HH)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!