Nick Mole "First Choice Reptiles" Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-27-2003, 07:44 PM   #1
Intense Herpetoculture
Nick Mole "First Choice Reptiles" Inquiry

I am inquirying about

Nick Mole
First Choice Reptiles
407-435-7961

He seems to be selling quite a lot of imports (they all sound and look like recent imports) as healthy BREEDING pairs, groups, and trios. Seems to good to be true. Here are some of his ads:

1.1 breeding pair of C.HOEHNELII $170 SHIPPED/PAIR

2.3 c.fuellebronii *AWESOME CHAMELEONS* ENTIRE GROUP $275 SHIPPED!

1.1 pair of C. Johnsonii AWESOME! $225 SHIPPED!

1.3 breeding group c.rudis *AWESOME INVESTMENT! Two females are gravid $200 shipped/group

beautiful adult male C.verrucosus $155 shipped!

2.4 breeding colony of asian box turtles ENTIRE GROUP IS ONLY $175 SHIPPED!

1.2 breeding group of Three striped mud turtles*easy to breed* look inside

Now I have a question, how can you claim all these animals are breeding in their current state? It doesn't seem that the person in question has breed them himself, but has purchased recent imports (many of them gravid, that will likely have birthing/laying problems). I guess you could say that if they are gravid they had to have bred at one point and time, but I doubt you can say they are currently breeding in the state he is selling them. All the statements I made above are rasing a HUGE red flag on this guy and I would like to know if anyone had any dealing with him and what where the quality of the animals he sent? He also states that all of the species are extremely easy to keep and breed in captivity although I personally have not seen this with the majority of the species he has for sale, mostly with the chameleons he is offering (example: Chamaeleo johnstonii). Just wanting to know more about this guy and the animals he offers.
Thanks
Justyn

Old 03-27-2003, 09:45 PM   #2
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Justyn,

I have never personally dealt with him but I know where he purchases his animals from and yes they are fresh imports. He is suppose to be coming by tomorrow to purchase 4.4 C.Werneri from me to be honest. I can not say anything bad or good about him but I have seen animals listed as breeding groups and I know they just arrived in the country. To be honest some of his ads have appeared to be almost leaning away from being fresh imports like they are. He very well may be selling animals that he has had for a while but I have seen ads post within hours after they have arrived at the importers facility. I.E. C.Johnstonii. I sell imports as well but the buyers are informed when they animals arrived and what treatments, or acclimation has been started on them.

Old 04-17-2003, 11:44 PM   #3
FCReptiles

hello,

My name is Nick Mole aka First Choice Reptiles. I do sell alot of imported animals, which are either hand picked, feeding, aparently healthy, and have recieved parasite treatments(1 within the first few days, and the following, a day before shipment). This technique works well for me, and have had many customers, whom were satisfied, with there animals, and there health. I do sell alot of Gravid animals, this is because these are specifically hand picked, and modereately healthy gravid animals are purchased, and then treated for possible illness. When the term breeding pairs trios or groups is applied, I am only reffering to age, species, and size, compatibility, and not that these animals are, or have reproduced in my care(which many do). I have been breeding chameleons for almost 6 years, and still going, I have produced many many offspring, and have had many customers whom were happy with there purchase. I always tell my pottential customers, when the animals have been treated, and when the next time they should be treated is. Any animals that are marked l.t.c meants that they have been in my care for more than 4 months, and are completely parasite free, and have had fecals checked. I will not say that I do not sell fresh imports, which is very common, but the buyer is always informed when they arrived, and such. I have had very little d.o.a 's and for the most part my customers, have been generally happy with there purchase. I appreciate everyones concern and will now include in the ads, there exact import, and deparitization records.

Best Regards
Nick Mole
First Choice Reptiles

Old 04-19-2003, 02:02 PM   #4
David Reid
Pretty close call

I guess breeding group and proven breeder are two different things, but just looking at the add, seeing 1.2 breeding group, I, and many others may look at it as a proven breeding group. Appears like a wording issue, but sounds less than completely honest to me. This is just my opinion!

David Reid

Old 04-19-2003, 04:10 PM   #5
Wilomn
Seems like the only way to be clear on things anymore is to have an exact definition from everyone on what every word they use means to them. It didn't say proven breeders, just breeding group. Potential breeders may have been easier to understand but.....

It seems that internet sales are all in the wording. Everyone out there needs a class in hair splitting to be able to navigate it safely and even then there are your outright liers.

Shades of grey next to tones of black next to brilliant white. It's gotten so complicated. It's really a shame you just can't take someones word that what they are saying is what you are hearing. Excercise extememe caution is becoming a standard with everything, no more deals on a handshake and a say so.

Wes Pollock

Old 04-20-2003, 05:22 AM   #6
Intense Herpetoculture
Yeah, I tend to stay away from people that try to be sneaky in their wording or dealings. It always seems to put up a major flag. I also got some more info on this guy off the board and needless to say I will not be doing business with Nick Mole anytime soon. I guess my standards are just to high these days to be happy with anything but the best, or at least healthy animals.

P.S. Nick Mole, as for LTC, you say they get fecals, who is your consulting vet? Mind if I contact them?

Old 04-20-2003, 09:10 AM   #7
FCReptiles

Hello,
once again, I will watch the word usage in my ads. I post way to many ads per day to get down into niddy gritty detail. If you have ever purchased from me you would know that all these things are brought up before hand. Our consulting vet is Orlando's exotics vet bruce bugoslavsky, and Ivan Alfonso d.v.m(mystical chameleons) whom, does most of the fecals and is on his staff. Not all animals are given fecals due to the many animals that we deal with today, but all are treated prior to shipment, and the buyer is advised that more treatment may be nescessary.

407-855-pets

NickMole
First Choice Reptiles

Old 04-20-2003, 02:15 PM   #8
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Nick,

I have a question for you. How can you say that Ivan Alfonso is doing or has done your Fecal's when he does not work at Dr. Bruce Bugoslavsky practice nor has Ivan ever seen nor treated your animals? Maybe your confused on the names or posted the name on accident. I would suggest that you correct it as I know Ivan would not be happy that his name is being used as your Vet. performing your fecals when he has never seen any of your animals nor met you. Clarification is definitely needed to straighten this out.

Old 04-20-2003, 02:31 PM   #9
FCReptiles
must be a mistake

hello,

Although I have never met Dr.Ivan Alfonso, I heard about a week ago, that he was a vet on staff at dr.bruce bugoslavsky office, I have heard of dr.alfonso and his company and was very pleased to find this out. Just got an email from dr.alfonso, and he has informed me that he is not on staff at dr.bruce bugoslavsky's office, although the picture on mystical chameleons website, of Ivan alfonso, bears a striking resemblance to there in office tech, or secondhand vet. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

Nick Mole

Old 04-20-2003, 03:33 PM   #10
alfon76
I already talked to Nick via e-mail regarding the misunderstanding. I have never worked for Dr. Bogoslavsky so there is no reason for anyone to think that I have any ties with his clinic. Resemblance is not the same thing as identity so, although it is interesting to hear that there is someone out there as ugly as me, it is not good to assume just because of a picture.

Thanks for the clarification Nick.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!