Bad Guy REPTILE CITY- AVOID AT ALL COSTS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
ronritzer
REPTILE CITY- AVOID AT ALL COSTS

In late June of this Year I Ordered five frogs from Reptile City. I had been out of the herp trade for nearly a decade so I was unaware of what I was getting into.

My order was placed on a Tuesday and payment was processed a couple days later with no contact from Reptile City. I became weary and started looking into them and saw very bad reviews. I contacted Reptile City and got a response from owner Felton Willis telling me to call him. I never had a chance to call before the weekend came. I assumed my animals would be shipping the following Monday and that I was just being worrisome and impatient.
I received an email Friday saying my order was being processed and that they would ship on Monday.
The following Monday, I awoke to my roomate saying a package had arrived for me. It was my frogs. In a USPS box that was uninsulated. Inside were my frogs, and the Fanatsy Frog was dead. The Budgetts Frog was in an empty deli cup with not so much as a wet cotton ball but was fine except that it has had a hernia since I received it. Two of the Green Pacman frogs had very red undersides and were problem feeders from the get go. After antibiotic treatment the redness has gone away but only one of them has been feeding voluntarily on a consistent basis since then.
After opening the box, I photographed the DOA frog and went into my email to get his contact number, only to find an email from Felton Willis that was sent THAT day stating that the frogs were shipped with my tracking number.

The tracking number showed me that the Frogs were shipped out on a Friday for MOnday delivery, which I was not informed of until Monday morning. They sat in my local post office all through Saturday evening, all through Sunday and Sunday night until they were delivered unexpectedly MOnday morning, probably around the same time I received my tracking number from Felton, who stated he highly recommended I picked the animals up from the shipper....which I gladly would have done Saturday if I had received my tracking number when they shipped on Friday.
I was stupid to not think twice about his "free shipping on orders over $100," I just thought he could afford selling frogs for around ten dollars a piece due to volume. I had nop idea he would be shipping through USPS on a Friday.
The whole scenario tells me that the animals were drop shipped and that he wasnt aware that they were even sent until he woke up monday morning. I was led to believe by his website that he had a huge warehouse of animals and they would ship from their own facility.
He sent me, or I should say, had the replacement frog sent right away, again through the mail in the same uninsulated box but the frog arrived ok and is doing well despite it all.

He claims to have a huge facility in Texas that has acres of outdoor facilities and a huge warehouse facility, but his Florida address when put into Google sattelite shows an empty field on a country road with no sign that anything was ever there. His texas address shows his house. Clearly a dropshipper and a liar, who really has no control over how or when the animals are shipped. Whoever actually did ship them is equally as idiotic as well. Overlooking the fact that they were sent through THREE DAY SHIPPING, they were sent through USPS on a Friday for Monday delivery.

I posted my dissatisfaction on their facebook page, and it was deleted and Im no longer allowed to leave comments there.

I will gladly post the emails and the tracking number so you can all see how it went down for yourselves.

I was taken by his impressive lies and naive enough to fall for his "free shipping" deal. I will gladly pay $50 for over night shipping from now on.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
ronritzer
Re: Your Reptile City Order

Hide Details
Ronald Ritzer
TO:
Reptile City

Message flagged Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:50 AM

I see that the transaction has been posted to my bank account, when can to expect the animals to ship?

Ship To: Bill To:
Ronald Ritzer Ronald Ritzer
ritzerronald@yahoo.com ritzerronald@yahoo.com
5076218036 5076218036

ron ritzer ron ritzer
412 burnside se 412 burnside se

sleepy eye MN 56085 sleepy eye MN 56085
US US

Code Name Quantity Price/Ea. Total
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BF646 Budgett's Frog (babies) 1 $29.99 $29.99
GP Green Pacman Frog (c.b. babies) 2 $19.99 $39.98
AP Albino Pacman Frog (c.b. babies) "on sale" reg 29.99 1 $19.99 $19.99
FF Fantasy Frogs (c.b. babies) 1 $29.99 $29.99
Shipping: 2. Free Shipping (On Orders $100.00 or More): $0.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $119.95

Re: Your Reptile City Order

Hide Details
Ronald Ritzer
TO:
Reptile City

Message flagged Friday, June 22, 2012 2:53 AM
Hi, Im inquiring about the five frogs that I ordered from you. Im a bit concerned over the fact that the money I paid for the frogs has been posted to my bank account, which means you now have my money, yet you havent
replied with any information about when the animals will actually be shipping out.
I read some rather bad reviews, and now Im feeling apprehensive.
If everything goes well, I'll be more than glad to post positive feedback on as many places on the web as I can.
Placed : 06/20/2012 04:59:10 EDT

RE: Your Reptile City Order

Hide Details
Reptile City

TO:
'Ronald Ritzer'
Message flagged Friday, June 22, 2012 3:04 AM
Please call our office 903-486-1338

Felton

Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 4:01 AM
To: Reptile City
Subject: Re: Your Reptile City Order

Mr. Felton, sorry to be a bother, it appears some of the reviews I had read were rather old. It seems you have had a nuimber of recent happy customers posting on your facebook page. I will be calling to inquire about my order tommorow and look forward to receiving my frogs.

Reptile City Order 33624

Hide Details
Reptile City

TO:
'Ronald Ritzer'
Message flagged Monday, June 25, 2012 7:05 AM

Your order has been shipped via www.usps.com tracking number EI465267817US arrive June 25, 2012 by 3pm.

The package does require a signature therefore please make arrangements to accept the parcel from the driver.

If the package isn’t signed for the driver will return the package to the Post Office. If this happens Reptile City cannot be liable for DOA’s once you have the package in your possession.

If you have any questions contact us at 1-888-220-3536.

Thank you again for the order,

Felton Willis

Note: I would highly recommend you make arrangements to pick the parcel up at your local Post Office before it’s dispatched with the carrier.

Terms:

1. Live arrival guarantee only on amphibians i.e. Frogs, Salamanders, and Newts.

2. Lizards, Turtles, Snakes, Scorpions, Hermit Crabs and Tarantulas are all covered under the 6 day warranty after arrival.

3. Shipments that are delayed or mishandled by the carrier, our live arrival guarantee will be voided.

4. No live arrival guarantee is offered on shipments that are sent to destinations below 40(f) degrees or above 90(f) degrees.

5. All claims of a DOA must be called in and if a phone message is left, please be sure to include your name, phone number, exact nature of the problem, exact number and species involved. All DOA claims must be accompanied by an e-mail referencing the same as a phone call, as well as a digital photo showing the animals, this e-mail should be emailed to sales@reptilecity.com.

All claims must be reported within 24 hours of receiving your order.

6. Unacceptable animals must be returned within 24 hours of arrival. All returned orders will be charged a 20% restocking fee and you are responsible for the shipping cost.

7. Prices are subject to change without notice.

Reptile City Order 33624

Hide Details
Reptile City

TO:
'Ronald Ritzer'
Message flagged Monday, June 25, 2012 7:05 AM

Your order has been shipped via www.usps.com tracking number EI465267817US arrive June 25, 2012 by 3pm.

The package does require a signature therefore please make arrangements to accept the parcel from the driver.

If the package isn’t signed for the driver will return the package to the Post Office. If this happens Reptile City cannot be liable for DOA’s once you have the package in your possession.

Felton Willis

Note: I would highly recommend you make arrangements to pick the parcel up at your local Post Office before it’s dispatched with the carrier.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
ronritzer
oops missed this one in there

Re: Reptile City Order 33624

Hide Details
Ronald Ritzer
TO:
Reptile City

Message flagged Friday, June 22, 2012 10:37 AM
Thanks Felton! Looks like I'll have all the information I'll need.

To: 'Ronald Ritzer' <ritzerronald@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 5:55 AM
Subject: Reptile City Order 33624

Your order has been scheduled by our Warehouse Manager to ship June 25, 2012.

You will be emailed again with shipping information such as carrier, tracking number, ETA, etc. after 8pm central time.

Felton Willis

Old 08-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
ronritzer
So as you can see, he told me on Friday they were shipping on MOnday, when they actually shipped that Friday for Monday delivery, and he sent my tracking number just hours before the frogs actually arrived.

Here is the tracking number EI465267817US which has been archived but I have requested the records.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
Ed Clark
Big mistake shipping frogs USPS, especially in the heat of summer. they need to get to their destination fast like Fededx priority fast.

Sorry to see that happen to you, do you at least know where those frogs came from?

Old 08-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #6
ronritzer
I Have no idea who actually shipped the frogs or where they came from. I assume, like most of the large frog species in the pet trade, that they were bred by the Frog Farm, then purchased by a dealer who dropshipped them for Reptile City. The dealer in question and Reptile City being the dolts here, not the Frog Farm, who has been an established company for 20 years.
The fact that reptile City is posing as an actual dealer and breeder who has this huge facility when they actually dont really gets my goat. I wonder if I could actually bring charges against them for all that lying.
The shipping label said it shipped from Feltons address in Florida, which is a house but you can have any address you want put on a shipping label by the dealer that is drop shipping the order.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #7
redhood23
Reptile city/haha reptiles is horrible. A few years ago I ordered from them, they shipped usps then as well. I had 6 snakes and 4 lizards in the order, the post office called me to come pick up my box 5 days after it was shipped. All the animals were dead and they attempted to move forward with a case about the shipping of a blacklisted type of animal shipped. I am unsure of that outcome, but I was never reimbursed.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
Geenie109
Thumbs up Thanks for Reviews!

Whats up! This is my first time visiting fauna i can tell that i love it quickly!! I was actually going to buy from this store this week some kind of lizard, glad to read the negative reviews cause now i am not!

Old 08-28-2012, 02:55 AM   #9
ronritzer
Good Im glad I posted this just in time.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
Geenie109
Yes! I am purchasing a tegu this week, but they've been taken off the list!! Have any recommendations??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!