Bad Guy Mike Matson (Mikes Phat Frogs) - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:36 AM   #191
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Is that your daughter in the car while you are threatening people and using foul language???while making a video?

Old 06-24-2016, 07:28 AM   #192
Lucille
Allowing a video to silence fair reviews would encourage every bad guy out there to make a mean spirited video to try to put the hush on any valid criticism of their Bad Guy ways.
From the beginning of time, criminals and bad guys either individually or in collections of bad guys from cartels to the Mafia, have tried to put the hush on police, prosecutors, judges, and the general public Good Guys. It takes some courage to take a stand against evil.
Is taking a stand worth it? That is a decision each person here will have to make for themselves. But if you value the information you get on Fauna, if you come here to check out sellers prior to making a purchase, consider what will happen if you allow Bad Guys to silence you when it is your turn to write a review or voice your opinion.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:33 PM   #193
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsexotics View Post
And Dan.... If I'm really this big bad scammer then how have I lasted 6 years in this hobby so far while becoming one of the biggest and most well known pacman frog breeders in the world?

I have twice as many Instagram followers alone than those that have seen this thread.

You're a joke. Go back to your moms basement.

Quote:
As each year passes even with these pointless threads I have grown larger and am producing new morphs that were not imaginable 6 years ago. All while becoming the most popular breeder in the United States pacman frogs. It must kill you to see that your efforts here are meaningless. I will continue to produce the best frogs around and use you and the rest that dislike me to strive even higher.

Follow my social media accounts to see all the awesome new creations that are about to happen

Just saying.....................

That's funny! I had never heard of you before this thread on fauna & I know quite a few people who have great interest in pacman frogs & they've never mentioned you.

Your ego is bigger than you are.

Quote:
Nature of the site is still the same. Bash the bad guys to find something to do. Ignore the good guy post.

There are derogatory post towards me also. No one likes the fact that I push back.

This thread was about a shipment of frogs. It was allowed to get off topic.

The replacements have been taken care of with an additional 16 not 15 free frogs because I can. Now if that's something that disappoints most wanting to continue this bad guy thread about the shipment of frogs I apologize for doing right........

< --- there's your cookie
If it doesn't show up, it's a cookie emoji. LOL

What makes you a BG in most people's eyes, isn't the deals that have gone bad, it's how you handled them. You have done that poorly, attacking people and deflecting blame. For every one post made by members here, you post two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-26-2016, 04:49 PM   #194
tcp2
Received a payment from Mike today to settle an old debt. Really appreciated.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:15 AM   #195
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
You need not respond to my comment here: While there are as yet issues with some of your past and present transactions still, I feel that your present approach might actually eventually solve some of them depending on what further future actions/refunds/apologies of yours follow especially toward parties that have been wronged.
Bringing courteous opinion, rational presentation, and some screen shots/evidence at least allows a dialogue to begin, and that can be the basis for solving issues. I'm hoping that you will change your mind and that you will respond to those presenting courteous questions about the information you presented.
Yesterday, Mike sent me a written apology for some of the things he has said to me recently. He has also made a refund to a member here, detailed above, and other encouraging actions.
I'm not giving any free passes but I think those actions are a start. I hope this is a trend, not a band aid.
I have asked him to remove the video about the child, and would like him to remove offensive comments made elsewhere because in my opinion both these actions have resulted in negative feelings toward him.
Little seeds can grow up to be big trees. I suggest that it is worthwhile to sow the seeds of good business, instead of dissension.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #196
Lucille
Quote:
I had hopes that more would be accomplished. If this was a true attempt at a fresh start rather than mere damage control, I think the video would have been removed, as well as FB posts that mocked various names you chose to bring there because they responded when you flew off the handle.
If your actions are not mere attempts at damage control but a fresh start, there is more that needs to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
All things considered, I think it's highly unlikely that anything's really changed in any meaningful way. He still owes Rick $2k and I don't recall seeing even the vaguest remorse for anything he's pulled, including actively soliciting people to call and harass some of us - apparently yielding one nasty call that ended up being received by a teenage girl. I'm guessing that he finally decided to listen to whoever may have been whispering in his ear that he needs to do some major PR work, but salvaging his train wreck of a name on here will require a serious long-game. He's gone wayyyyy too far in the wrong direction for me to believe a couple of baby steps amounts to a real course reversal.
I agree.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:04 PM   #197
juliasara
Quote:
I do think that with all these comments by Matson about individuals and the site, some of the info is getting buried (is that intentional? Seems to me I remember a certain auction company actually using that as a technique to deliberately hide negative information about them).

So here are a few threads to review. I hope that others will add their own thread collections which can be reposted whenever it seems as if the subject strays and gets buried:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ghlight=matson

This needs to be reposted since it was buried again.

Old 07-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #198
nickolasanastasiou
I would stop with the reposting of information that is already present unless there is some kind of significant new content. It can be interpreted as spam. If people want to access the information that is already available, the threads containing the information can be read.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:54 PM   #199
bcr229
Some updated info:

There's a new name associated with the business - Kelsey Mutch.

Also, buyers need to be aware of this change to their TOS:
Quote:
Disputes

*All issues with animals or quality are to be worked out between us and the buyer.

*Merchant disputes- If a dispute is processed thru paypal, square ect they are responsible for the outcome.

*Public Posting- Any negative public posting automatically voids any potential replacement or refund. We will also no longer continue business with any party that post negatively about our business.
Love the part in bold: if we rip you off and you complain here on Fauna or on any of the various Facebook feedback groups, your money is forfeit.

The attachments are from the Facebook group "Herpetoculture Feedback and inquiry". The initial dispute was posted two months ago, the response from Kelsey reiterating that posting public complaints about their business is a violation of their TOS and as a result no refunds will be given.
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2018, 11:31 PM   #200
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Some updated info:

There's a new name associated with the business - Kelsey Mutch.

Also, buyers need to be aware of this change to their TOS:

Love the part in bold: if we rip you off and you complain here on Fauna or on any of the various Facebook feedback groups, your money is forfeit.

The attachments are from the Facebook group "Herpetoculture Feedback and inquiry". The initial dispute was posted two months ago, the response from Kelsey reiterating that posting public complaints about their business is a violation of their TOS and as a result no refunds will be given.
I can understand that going public, before even attempting to contact the seller with an issue, is lame. But now they're using scare tactics to control what people share about their purchase experience?! Unbelievable!

Hopefully, the buyer used PayPal, and can try to recover funds with their dispute service.

Here's a tip to the seller: offer healthy animals at a fair price, properly package them for shipping, and in the event of a problem, rectify it promptly, and courteously. Not really difficult, and will eliminate the need to put threats to your customers in your TOS.

Kathy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!