Bengong at eltonbb3@myway.com is pulling a Sulcata Tortoise Scam - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:31 PM   #1
Matt J.
Bengong at eltonbb3@myway.com is pulling a Sulcata Tortoise Scam

Hey All,

Funny, I never thought I'd be posting here about a potential scam with animals I owned.

Just a quick heads up for anyone in Southern California (L.A.):

This guy (Bengong at eltonbb3@myway.com) is pulling a scam and trying to sell Sulcata breeders (from Africa) that he does not have! How? It's a pic of my animals. One is deceased and the other was sold many moons ago. Anyway, the smart individual who replied to this ad did more research and amazingly found my pic of the breeding pair via a Google search. I'm keeping the person who contacted me in confidence (I 'X'ed his name out for privacy), but I'm posting the e-mail exchange. Fun stuff. The scams never end... Feel free to contact the seller! The person who replied to the ad is going to contact the LAPD about it. You can bet I'm going to check into him a bit too.

Thanks,

Matt Jablonski
www.monkeyfrog.com
--------------------------------------------
The link to the website he posted the ad on:
http://www.recycler.com/

The link to his ad:
http://www.recycler.com/detail.class...ip=&class=6370

A pic of his ad should the link go away:

Pics of my torts on my site:
http://www.monkeyfrog.com/tortoises/...a_breeding.JPG

Here is the e-mail exchange:
-----------------------------
On Tue 07/24, XXXXX < XXXXXXXXXXXXXX > wrote:
To: eltonbb3@myway.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:33:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Sulcata tortoises

Do you have any other pictures of the tortoises you have for sale? Can you also tell me how big

are they? Is the $700 for a pair or each?
----------------------
Thanks!
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: RE: Sulcata tortoises
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:17:00 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,
Thanks for the interest in my adult sulcata tortoises.
Below are some pictures of the sulcata tortoises that are available for sale at the moment.
I am a breeder of sulcata tortoises. I currently have 60 babies ready to get a new home. I do also

have 4 adult females and 5 males. All of my females are 100% proven breeder females and

range between 24 1/2 " and 29 1/2 " large in size. One of the females usually lay between 3-5

times a year with last year a total of 108 eggs. She is so large and heavy and can only be shipped

with Delta Airlines to your closest airport in a wood crate. My adult sulcatas cost 400.00 USD

irresptive of the sex. All my tortoises are home raised ( bred) by my self and are very healthy.

Are shipped along side a health written guarantee and a document on their specific diet.
Talking about their diet , they loves eating fruits and veggies - squash, zucchini, romaine lettuce,

snow peas, green beans, collard greens, red seedless grapes, bananas, and apples are a few

favorites, which are very essential so as to maintain a healthy and strong shell. The pair is going

to cost you $700.00, shipping to your location included to ship from Douala, Cameroon, their

current location. Shipping is going to be done Via Delta Airlines and they are going to be

transported in a wooden crate. A female is 24 1/2 " large in size and weighs 85 Ibs. At times she

enjoys to be hand fed. If you will be interested in getting a pair, then let me know exactly which

airport is nearest to your residence so we could get on and begin arrangements for delivery.

When that is done you shall be notified with the details of the flight including tracking number

of parcel online, departure and arrival time to enable you know exactly when to be at the airport

for pick up. vet certificate shall be coming along with the tortoises
Sorry for the lenght of the mail, but i have just to give you every information about this

transaction. hope to get back to you soonest.
Have a blessed day and God bless
Regards
---------------------
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:47:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hello
Sincerely speaking, am genuine. Besides it wouldn't benefit me to spend valuable time over the

internet trying to get what doesn't belong to me. I am in Cameroon yes and I am a breeder and

have exported to Canada USA. UK and some others countries. it true there are lot of scams out

here but at the same time there are genuine seller whose only intention is to sell their breeders.

at the moment. However, the decision is yours what ever you decide in your own interest would

be best. Just three days ago i delivered a breeding pair of Sulcata to Mrs. Bernice Noorel, of

23200, N. Pima Rd, scottsdale 85255, Az , email: Bmnoorel@aol.com ,
The flight details shall be communicated to you by my delivery company as soon as a flight is

schedule. You will be expecting the following information from them; Name of airline, flight

number, departure time, arrival time and tracking number of parcel online.
thanks for your time and do have a excellent day. But if you really think you need the Tortoises

at this time then be rest assured that you are in the right place
best regards and God bless.
----------------------------
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 05:22:02 -0400 (EDT)

The pair is going to cost you $700.00, shipping to your location included
Note: mail me back your full contact address to enable delivery to your location and pick up

when arrives And trust my words, you gonna love it. The pair is such a wonderful pair, home

raised with lots of love, kisses and hugs and to the best of my knowledge, both tortoises shall be

very suitable for your program. These tortoises do get on well with dogs and other pets.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!