Anyone know of South Florida Rodents - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #51
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl3
I am not sure what you are implying but I did not receive any free rats. I paid for my order. I have no affiliation, friendship nor other connection to the company. I simply posted my positive one-time experience. As far as I can tell, that is the main purpose of this entire website...posting feedback related to purchasing experiences. I am a small-time hobbyist and may not be well-known for selling snakes. However, I have been a customer of many of the top breeders & 'good guys' here and I'm sure any one of them would vouch that I am a nice, honest person. Once again, I'm not sure what you were implying but I can promise you that you are way off.
So you
Quote:
would not hesitate to do business with them again
even though you know that they have been their own shills here (self promoting under a different ID), trash talking their competition without a shred of proof, and usiing stolen photos?

I think people can see what you think about ethics.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:24 AM   #52
carl3
Stop! Please stop trying to attack me.

Once again, I simply posted my experience regarding one transaction. I am not sure why Jim O and critical bill are trying to start an online fight with me. Your words could easily be interpreted by some as rude, immature and unprofessional.

From the posts that I quickly scanned, it appeared that there was an apology made by the person at S.Florida Rodents. I did not analyze every detail of this entire 10-page thread. I quickly scanned the first page of posts. Apparantly I missed the rest of the controversial details behind their company. I have nothing to apologize for. Besides, I did not know about this thread at the time of my order with them (which as I stated was a few months ago). Regardless, it does not take away from the fact that I had a positive transaction with them. Would I do business with them again? After re-reading the posts, I honestly don't know...who knows...maybe they'll straighten everything out eventually. The rats I received appeared to be clean & healthy. I typically order my rodents from RodentPro. As I previously stated, when I needed to order rodents, RodentPro was out of the small/medium rats so I simply looked for a 1-time alternative source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
So you even though you know that they have been their own shills here (self promoting under a different ID), trash talking their competition without a shred of proof, and usiing stolen photos?

I think people can see what you think about ethics.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:40 AM   #53
Jim O
Jason,

The issue is not your good experience. That's perfectly valid and I'm happy for you as no doubt Chuck is as well. The issue that I take is that they have knowingly stolen other people's photos and when caught in the act have done nothing. That puts their "apology" in perspective well enough for me to know that these are really scumbags at heart who only gave an "apology" when caught and who lack ethics. Those are the type of people with whom I would not do business.

My issue was that you said that you
Quote:
would not hesitate to do business with them again
I'm glad that you are rethinking that.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:11 AM   #54
carl3
Arrow late night ramblings

It would not be the first time that I've had a good transaction with someone that has turned out to be not-so-good with other people after the fact.

I base most decisions for snake purchases off of the feedback posted by others on the BOI. The key word being 'snake'. Prior to this thread I would have never thought about checking the BOI for the quality of rodent suppliers. Other than typical concerns of rodent quality (ie what they're fed) it's not really an area of business I would have expected to find deceptive folks. It seems like it a pretty straight-forward business.

As for your comments, Jim & Chuck...in the future, please don't be so quick to jump to conclusions about others by posting negative comments & antagonizing statements. It's not nice to to judge others so quickly, especially if you don't know them. I guess all I'm suggesting is..try to be more civil in your repiles. As for this thread, I think I've said all that needs to be said....it's late (1am) and I need to get up in 4 hours...ugh!

Old 01-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #55
TannersPythons
I get all of my rodents from jack, he really is a great guy, he just made a mistake...like EVERYONE does.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #56
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by TannersPythons View Post
I get all of my rodents from jack, he really is a great guy, he just made a mistake...like EVERYONE does.
Jack's mistakes were lying and stealing. I don't lie and I don't steal, so there goes your theory that EVERYONE does it.

In the future, and I think I speak for more than just a few here, speak for yourself and not everyone.

Thank you, now carry on.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #57
1995sportster883
I just saw an advertisement for South Florida Rodents on FAUNA. I clicked, was impressed, and in need of crickets. But wait I thought, let's Google southfloridarodents review before I give my credit information out.... And this was what came up. Dirty past for a company and a man trying to create buzz. I genuinely feel bad about it because I can't bring myself to trust Jack as a business man. I'll stick with rodent pro and mulberry farms.

Adam

Old 09-09-2014, 05:36 AM   #58
NocturnalNature
I was in need of a quick supply of African Soft Furred Rats and could not find them available anywhere except South Florida Rodents. I was, in effect, forced to purchase from them in order to try to get a certain finicky eater started before it was too late.
To sum up my experience, the ordering process was easy, communications were excellent, pricing was very competitive, the package arrived AMAZINGLY fast, and the feeder animals were cleaner and packed better than any other dealer I had purchased from before.
Pleased with my order I decided to see if it was a fluke and placed another order for my normal feeders. SURPISE, exact same scenario as the first order.
I certainly can't comment on his past track record, but I can honestly say that the product I received was far superior in both quality and packaging when compared to the two other well known rodent suppliers that I normally use.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #59
allreptiles1966
Locations.

Boy,this thread is full of members using factitious city and state names.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #60
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Boy,this thread is full of members using factitious city and state names.
Those posts were made seven years ago before the location rule was a rule.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!