Inquiry Swanees Exotics (Nate Swanson) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #51
snakewrangler
Read my post. I stated trying. I didn't say he did it. I said he was trying to do it.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...hlight=swanson

Old 05-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #52
lnlexotics
I see nothing in those postings that shows any evidence of poaching. Who poached what? When did it happen? You may disagree with the wild collection of specimens for sale, or any other purpose, but peoples disagreement with an activity does not make it illegal. What IS illegal, however, is to make an incorrect statement, for example, that an individual is guilty of a crime as a matter of fact, when no conviction has been handed down. Most people call it a lie, the courts call it Libel. He may or may not have purchased specimens from me, are you calling ME a poacher? Please explain.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #53
snakewrangler
Swanee was advertising cash for wild-caught amphibians before his first account was banned. Since you appear to be a legal scholar, take a look at the list of prohibited species in the state of Washington and see how heavy it is on amphibians, particularly salamanders. While you are at it, please find a tortoise species native to the U.S. that is legal to take from the wild for the purpose of resale, because Swanee was looking for them too.

I can't seem to recall labeling you a poacher. I only stated that it appeared Swanee was attempting to collect animals that are most likely protected in his home state for the purpose of collecting revenue.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #54
lnlexotics
Fair enough. I think I understand what you're getting at now, and perhaps I had the wrong idea. But appearances don't necasarily warant what you've implied. For example, In NV, AZ, NM, and CA, Gila monsters are protected and cannot be wild collected. However, I can legally purchase them from a number of breeders, in Colorado for example, and re-sell them.
That's likely what's meant to happen in these kind of scenarios. If something is being taken illegally, it's not the buyer who breaks the law, it's the person who illegally takes and sells the animals. In the posting where he inquires to purchase WC species, he does specify legaly WC. Not everyone knows whats legal to collect or not from state to state, and it is ALWAYS the SELLERS responsibility to follow the law.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #55
ForkedTung
Previous negative threads, attempts to "sell-out" local wc animals and a complete lack of response to this thread says more about the seller than anyone could counter with a "good guy" label. He's definitely on my do not buy from list...

Old 05-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #56
lnlexotics
He hasn't responded because his account is banned. But everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. Everyone reading this should use thier best judgment and make a decision based on what information and advice we give them, that's what the forum is for. Positive or negative feedback, I appreciate everyone who takes the time to report their experiences and help the herp community out in general, and myself quite often.
I'll end my part of the discussion with this:
I, personally, have had only positive experiences with nate, and have 100% confidence in him, but like I said, everyone makes their own choices, and I hope our arguing back and forth has helped someone, even if only a little.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #57
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnlexotics View Post
He hasn't responded because his account is banned.
Oh Yeah, he's been banned twice, thanks for the reminder. The first time was for posts like this:
Quote:
natimus: you're a douchebag, someone ought to tell you that to your face.
I paid good money so i could post here, why don't you complain to someone else.
p.s. you should move out of your moms house...
The second time was for circumventing ( cheating) the ban.
I'm sure none of this is his fault, the banning and obscenities and all...

Old 05-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #58
lnlexotics
you know, with the attitude i'm picking up from you, I can't say I blame him. How about we keep away from your snide, nit-picking, sarcasm and keep in mind that the forum is for BOI's and not for you to try and impress people by quoting whats we've already read. We've done the part where we recomend or don't recomend him, let the rest go already. Any other sarcastic unhelpful comments you have for me, just PM me and I promise to read them and pretend to care and we can keep our stupid argument off the board, and to ourselves where it belongs.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #59
ForkedTung
Quote:
He may or may not have purchased specimens from me
Your selfish interest in the success of his business is quite apparent.
Quote:
lnlexotics:
If something is being taken illegally, it's not the buyer who breaks the law, it's the person who illegally takes and sells the animals.
That is quite possibly one of the stupidest things I've ever read on Fauna ( and that is saying alot)!
If it's illegal to collect/own than both buyer and seller are guilty. Try to run you little theory past a F&W officer and see how well that goes.
Quote:
Not everyone knows whats legal to collect or not from state to state, and it is ALWAYS the SELLERS responsibility to follow the law.
That does not exclude the buyer from knowing their local laws. They also are ALWAYS RESPONSIBLE for knowing the law. Again you prove you know nothing about even the fundamentals of law...
Quote:
it's not the buyer who breaks the law
I had to quote that again...I can't believe someone would write that...rofl.
Quote:
let the rest go already
Yeah you're right let's forget how he feels it's OK to publicly call people "douchebags" and gets banned twice for breaking the rules...Yeah, let's just forget the whole solicitation for WC animals thing,while we're at it too...
Quote:
I appreciate everyone who takes the time to report their experiences and help the herp community out in general
so I am included here too right? rofl...
Quote:
just PM me and I promise to read them and pretend to care
I have no interest in PMing you and your snide, nit-picking, sarcasm "pretend to care" attitude...
Again it's clear that your only interest in this is to have a buyer that continues to buy from you so your opinion is biased, repetitive and ultimately selfish.

PS) I'm sure Nate is jumping for joy that you continue bumping this thread to the top getting it more and more exposure, you should be proud of your defense of him because he's been banned twice Oh Yeah sorry we're supposed to forget about him being banned twice and the WC's and offensive inslults because you said we should and it's not important for potential customers to know that he's been banned twice and the WC's and offensive insults because you said!. Bad guys always claim that Bad press is wonderful for business.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #60
lnlexotics
Yes. My opinion is biased, repetitive, and selfish. Just like yours and everyone else in the worlds is.
If you represent something as legally collected or CB and it's not, and I can legally own it and purchase it, then it was the seller who broke the law. Of course buying something that is illegal in your state is illegal. Refer back to the Gila monster example. You don't seem like an idiot so maybe I'm not explaining things as well as I thought I was. At any rate, I'm right, you're confused, and WE keep bumping the thread. I'm not the only one posting here now am i?
And by the way, It's hurting my reputation alot more than it's helping his, but I stand by what I've said.
And about getting all pissy about WC animals, you can preach captive bred all you want, but there will ALWAYS be animals collected from the wild. You've probably bought more than a few and you don't even know it.
Thanks for taking the time to go back and forth with me, but I'm pretty much done with this.
I don't think you're the kind of person who can let go of a disagreement without having to look like you won the argument. so post as you wish about "How stupid and wrong I am" blah blah blah, but don't expect my resposne to be posted here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!