FedEx Deliveries on HOLD in parts of the South - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
homegrownherps
FedEx Deliveries on HOLD in parts of the South

Has the Fires/Smoke in the South effected anyones else shipping plans?

I have several orders on hold, and have to call FedEx each morning to see if they will be picking up.

Needless to say there are some unhappy customers

Old 05-15-2007, 12:16 AM   #2
bwana
I'm not unhappy...just impatient. This is my first corn and I'm just excited.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwana
I'm not unhappy...just impatient. This is my first corn and I'm just excited.
I said SOME of them were unhappy ....not ALL
Its real tough, when FedEx won't let you know if they are shipping until you call them in the morning. As of right now, I have to call them every morning to get updated whether or not they will be picking up. That doesn't work out to well for the customer receiving the package.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
Mike P.
I shipped a ball down to Jacksonville FL yesterday via Fed-Ex - arrived safe and sound this morning - Guy who bought her said the fires were not in his area though...

Old 05-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #5
varnyard
I will say this, the fires are a long way from us here, but yesterday the smoke was so thick you could cut it with a knife. We had an east wind, it blew it all the way over here.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #6
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
I will say this, the fires are a long way from us here, but yesterday the smoke was so thick you could cut it with a knife. We had an east wind, it blew it all the way over here.

Hey Bobby ...how's it going ?

Just talked to FedEx, and the main reason for them cancelling the pick up was due to all the smoke. Some areas are just to dangerous for the drivers to be on the road.

But pick is looking good for the rest of the week

There are several fires around us , some a little to close for comfort. The smoke and ash here is pretty thick on a daily basis. Sometimes it looks like heavy snow fall.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:00 PM   #7
Golden Gate Geckos
I'd rather have shipping postponed than have shipments get caught up in delays that could potentially cause DOA's. It's beyond our control... kind of like having to wait to ship due to extreme weather conditions. Fortunately, the vast majority of customers are understanding that it's better to not jeopardize the lives of the reptiles.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:09 PM   #8
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
I'd rather have shipping postponed than have shipments get caught up in delays that could potentially cause DOA's. It's beyond our control... kind of like having to wait to ship due to extreme weather conditions. Fortunately, the vast majority of customers are understanding that it's better to not jeopardize the lives of the reptiles.

YES, I agree with you.
I can understand the impatience of getting a new snake , but I am sure every agrees it is best to wait until it's safe for the animals.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #9
varnyard
I cannot agree more, it is always better to be safe than sorry.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #10
bwana
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
I said SOME of them were unhappy ....not ALL
Its real tough, when FedEx won't let you know if they are shipping until you call them in the morning. As of right now, I have to call them every morning to get updated whether or not they will be picking up. That doesn't work out to well for the customer receiving the package.

I know, I was just throwing in my opinion. I'd much rather have to wait a week then have a snake die or arrive in bad condition.

Stay safe you florida peoples.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!