BEWARE OF KEVIN SMITH "JUNGLE GEMS" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-04-2003, 02:25 AM   #1
BIGPIMP
Stop! BEWARE OF KEVIN SMITH "JUNGLE GEMS"

BEWARE OF KEVIN SMITH "jungle gems"
he sells b-grade snakes
he will send you pictures of a snake and send you a diffrent one.
he sent me a b-grade snake that was nothing like the picture he will not return my emails or phone calls so we can work some thing out. i don't what this snake it had mouth rot and mites when i got it and the vet bill is $125 to get it better. so just for your info beware of kevin smith out of sandy oregon

bigpimp
"big mike jones"

Old 03-04-2003, 08:29 AM   #2
ms_terese
Hi Mike -

Sorry for your situation. Would you mind giving us a little more information so we can watch out for this guy?

Email address, phone number, address if you have it.

What kind of snake? When did you receive it? Did you notice it was sick and a different snake right away? Do you have pics? How did you pay for it (PayPal, money order, etc.) The BOI is pretty good at helping people find options for recourse in situations like yours, but we need details.

Did you already have the snake treated? Is he/she getting better?

Good luck!

Old 03-04-2003, 03:47 PM   #3
SPJ
Is this the same guy that used to advertise the venemoids?
Went by the screen name oreganus?
Sending out a different snake than what you paid for makes me wonder about the venemoids he sells.

Old 03-17-2003, 03:40 AM   #4
oreganus
Question OH REALLY??????

I am very curious what I sold you also! Where do I live again? What town? Hmmm, sounds a little fishy to me. Sounds like you need to do a little more research before you start badmouthing me. At least get the facts straight or better yet, be more of a man, than making up a fictionous name and taking a matter that has nothing to do with the people of this forum or the reptile business on here. I do apologize to anyone who comes across this B.S. and wastes there time even reading it. I HAVE NEVER DONE BUSINESS WITH SOMEONE NAMED "BIG PIMP MIKE JONES" and if this was truly a real name they would at least have put a little information on their profile info. This was simply a certain person(and big pimp mike jones isn't his name) that couldn't stand up face to face, instead they tried to bash me and play little games without even being big enough to put their real name and fess up to what they are doing.
Kevin Smith

Old 03-17-2003, 03:52 AM   #5
WebSlave
Hmm.

The IP address for "big Mike Jones" matches up with only one other person on this site: casey christensen. Not saying they are one and the same, but maybe taking a look at posts made by this person will tell you whether there is any connection or not.

Old 11-13-2004, 08:12 AM   #6
schlegelii
Thumbs down Kevin Smith 2004

Want to make sure that everyone knows that Kevin is up to his smale old trick and rip offs. For example:

- Buy a rodent feeding King, which never eats any rodents. And
Shipped UPS !!
- Kevin jerks you around for almost a year, tell you he will send a
refund payment. And crying about how he has no money.
- He tell you he sold the king to another person to pay you.
Then refuses to send any money and wants the snake shipped
collect.

I would not do any business with him for venomous or venomoids. He's a hack.

JS

Old 11-13-2004, 02:08 PM   #7
Jungle Gems
This is not the right company...

...I now own the rights to this name. My company deals in herps, psittacines, exotic mammals and marine aquaria. I do not want my reputation ruined because someone I have never even heard of *used* to use this name amateurely two years ago. If you have any questions please e-mail mail me... Jennifer@JungleGemsExotics.com. I am in no way associated with Kevin Smith. Please make note of this for future reference.

Thank you.

Jennifer Webb
(Jungle Gems)

Old 11-14-2004, 12:00 AM   #8
oreganus
Question In response to Jeremy....

Okay, this response is for Jeremy and his little king problem. I have offered to buy the snake back continuously from him on several occasions. All that I asked was for a currrent picture that showed the snake alive and well. He for some strange reason can't supply a picture of the snake, I don't know why, it only takes a few moments to take a pic and send it to me. On three different occasions this has happened over a period of 6 mos. The snake is a rodent feeder, it was purchased from Earl Turner as a rodent feeder. But that is beside the point, he didn't like the snake, so I agreed to buy it back from him, but he can supply no proof that he still has the snake and has been quite badgering about me blindly sending the money to him with not so much as a photo showing the snake to be alive and in his care. Keep in mind, he originally said he couldn't get the snake to feed, then said he had it eating snakes, and can't photograph the snake. I told Jeremy to send the snake via delta and make it COD for the entire amount of the snake, which given the fact that he can't show any pictures of the snake, is more than fair on my part. He is for some reason refusing to do so. Why? that is my only question, it seems a fair request given the circumstances. With all the strange struggles over the little things, I am kind of left with the question of whether or not I would get the snake back if I agreed to send the money. Jeremy has the option of sending the snake to me COD, I have been more than fair and I am not going to set my self up to get ripped off, so it is up to him.
Kevin Smith

Old 11-14-2004, 04:29 AM   #9
Jungle Gems
Company name...

...I do agree that *if* you made this offer to Jeremy, this is more than fair on your part and I understand your plight (if you deal in live animals, you will never satisfy your customers to the fullest extent no matter how hard you try). You still need to discontinue use of my company name (Jungle Gems). My company is a legitimate business (not a hobby) with a federally recognized tax ID number and you will have some copyrighting issues if you continue using it. Please remove it from your shipping forms.

Have a nice evening.

Jennifer Webb
(Jungle Gems)
Jennifer@JungleGemsExotics.com
www.JungleGemsExotics.com

Old 11-14-2004, 08:30 AM   #10
schlegelii
Thumbs down final words

Now some of what Kevin states is true, but if you leave out all the details then, you can make any story sound good.

Fist the king ( a six footer) was shipped UPS some thing that is very illegal and very dangerous, kevin states " I have never had a problem before". Delta shipping was included in the price of the snake, not UPS.

After asking the about the snake in April, I was told that it was eating frozen thawed rodents. By mid May he wasn't eating after I tried every rodent available, with no luck. kevin was informed of my failing progress. He advised me to try snakes, why do I need to feed snakes to a guaranteed rodent feeder???

Early June was the first time that Kevin made an offer to get the snake back from me, but didn't have the money and wanted to sell the snake fore me or trade for other snakes he had. He also was expecting some money from other sales to pay me back, it never showed. Then he blamed the snake not eating on Earl, it was supposedly his snake first, and was eating rodents. My new rodent feeding king finally eat a snake, I was happy that it was eating but still not interested in rodents.

In July I asked for the money again, and again he didn't have it. He requested a picture, so he got one. I was told he was going to sell the snake to some one else using the picture. Still no money by the end of July. August, I was again promised money from another sale and then Kevin got bitten by a puff adder. Guess where my money went....

Then his friend, who was the "owner" called me, said he was sorry and would buy the snake back as soon as his settlement went through ( a week or two), money never showed and the phone number I was given was disconnected. Kevin told me his friend had left town and he didn't know what happened to him.

Now we are in October ( 8 months later) and now he has the money, but doesn't want to be ripped off. Giving his past track record, you make your own judgment. I have every e-mail that was ever sent between us, so all of my statements can all be proven. I'm not sure when Kevin offered to buy the snake back from me, based on the e-mail he never had the money to do so.

I have been requesting my money back for 8 months for a snake that was miss-advertised and have been blown off every time. Now I'm the one trying to rip him off. I think the rip off happened in April.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!