Anyone ever dealt with Jeff Mueller from CA? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-21-2006, 10:38 AM   #1
The BoidSmith
Anyone ever dealt with Jeff Mueller from CA?

According to the IP he seems to be located in Santa Clarita, California. He has an animal for sale that I might be interested in but when I asked for a phone number to contact him he asked for mine instead so he can call me. Everyone’s has a right to privacy but when we are asked to send money it’s nice to know where it’s going to. Although there are other red flags going-up I will leave them as "benefit of the doubt" for now. Any information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 05-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
The BoidSmith
Sorry, wrong location. He is from Cheektowaga, New York, just a tad to the east

Thanks

Old 05-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
Neil Gubitz
Dan.... He could be the nicest guy in the world, but if a BUSINESSMAN refuses to give his phone number to a potential buyer???.... I would avoid him like the plague.... It might turn out to be a BOI thread in the making....

Now, I'm NOT saying he's a bad guy at all, heck, I never even heard of him.... The above goes for ANY businessman in ANY business.... Clear??....

Neil

Old 05-21-2006, 01:06 PM   #4
The BoidSmith
This is our e-mail exchange, you can judge by yourselves...

Please read bottom to top:

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: Jeff Mueller
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: Tortoise

Jeff,

Thanks for your e-mail and follow-up. Although we respect your right to privacy, we don't send payment to non-verifiable sellers. That includes complete address and telephone number. I'm not sure what the problem is. My customers can call me any time they want should a need for post-sale support arise. Bear with us this is nothing personal, but if you don't give out your address and telephone to customers, how do you expect them to be able to send payment? Sending PayPal money to an anonymous yahoo e-mail address? Our policy is to only accept and send payments through USPS money orders as it protects both the seller and the buyer.

Anyways, we just found out that Neil Golli is selling a group (2.1) of breedable adult cherry heads redfoots. Males are going for $250 and females for $350. You can verify this in their web page at: XXXX. The male you posted for sale still interest us provided we can get a hold of you before sending payment, and if the price reflects what the current ongoing market price for cherry head redfoots is.

Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Dan Garcia
The BoidSmith

.................................................. ..................................................

To: Alvaro Garcia
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 10:45 AM

Alvaro,
Well i got some good news for you and that is i might be able to get you a female, but not until this saturday. The only problem is that i just dont give out my phone nu mber and address online but if you left me a phone number i will tell u everything you need to know.

Thank You
.................................................. .................................................. ...

Alvaro Garcia <agarcia@itctel.com> wrote:
Jeff,

We were in hopes that it would have been a female. One way or the other we can always ad a male cherry head redfoot to our breeding group.

You can call us if you wish later, but we will need to have your complete information (including address and home phone number) before we discuss any type of transaction, particularly if we get to the point of sending you money. It's nothing personal but just the way we conduct business with anyone on the web.

Thanks again,

Dan Garcia
The BoidSmith

.................................................. .................................................. .

To: Alvaro Garcia
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 4:32 AM

hello
Right now i do not have any bigger picture's but i can get them and it is a male. If you would like to talk if you could leave your name and number and i'll call you. thank you.

.................................................. ..................................................

Alvaro Garcia <agarcia@itctel.com> wrote:
Hi,

We were looking at your tortoise in Reptile Auctions. DO you have more pictures of the animal or at least a larger one of the one posted? Male or female? Please send us your name, address, and telephone number so we can talk.

Thanks,

Dan Garcia
.................................................. .................................................. ..

Just for the record he is selling his male as an "orange head morph" and asking $600 for it. He can ask whatever he wants for it. But he should not label a morph what clearly is not.

Thanks.

Old 05-21-2006, 02:25 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
Is this just coincidence or…

Jeff Musial from NICKcityREPTILES@aol.com

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=Cheektowaga

From the thread above:

Quote:
Jeff is located in Cheektowaga, NY 14225. He never gave me a street address, only have a P.O. Box.
Quote:
jeff musial
po box 1791
cheektowaga, ny 14225..
And

Jeff Mueller:

Quote:
Cheektowaga, New York. 14225
Guess who else is from Cheektowaga, New York but with zc 14227?

Regards.

Old 05-21-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
Neil Gubitz
I guess I don't have to say any more, huh??....

Neil

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!