Bad Guy Premier Acrylic Display Warning - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:02 AM   #1
Fijit
Thumbs down Premier Acrylic Display Warning

Good Day all,

New to Fauna but wanted to send out a warning for those seeking trade show displays. Not sure if anyone else has had difficulty with Premier Acrylic Displays (PAD) however I feel its better to at least send out a warning about the latest service I was provided.

The first time a display was purchased was over a year ago (12/2014). Quality was GREAT. Couldn't be any happier with the construction of the product. PAD had come highly recommended by connections in the reptile industry at the time so I was happy to feel the same way about them and pass the good word on.

Fast forward 4 months later (04/2015), I purchased the same item (24" 3 tiered display case set) to which was NO WHERE near the same quality of the first display from 12/2014. Upon unpacking of the case/tiers the hinges began to fall off as if the glue wasn't fully dried when packaged for shipping. Additionally the "lids" on the display were extremely crooked leaving gaps on the sides that babies could potentially squeeze out of or get stuck.

Tried overlooking the issues but being as we were provided with one great display and one terrible one it was difficult to push this aside after spending $300 each.

Contacted Ryan Phillips through PAD's website and his only solution was to 'super glue' everything and he couldn't understand why the lids would crooked nor did he offer a solution or suggest sending the product back so it could be replaced. I asked if it could be replaced and he continued to avoid my question. After the 'super glue' comment, reached out to Ryan again twice more with no response. His Lack of professionalism spoke volumes and I'm still severely disappointed when the first display was absolutely great.

Would be curious if anyone else has had the same issues with PAD and would also love suggestions of better products/companies for show displays that are reputable.

Thanks for listening.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
Paige n' James
Can you please post side by side pics of the two you have so we can get an idea of the quality?

Old 01-06-2016, 07:56 PM   #3
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige n' James View Post
Can you please post side by side pics of the two you have so we can get an idea of the quality?
I will second that request. Also, if your able to post the emails of the transaction, if would only help to further verify your claims.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:17 AM   #4
Fijit
Will Do.
I will get the emails posted later today.
Pics will be a few days from now as I'm out of town on business.

Thanks for your patience.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:59 AM   #5
yeloowtang
If iot's as you mentioned, he should make it right and replace the defective cage.

but to help you out, i've made acrylic cages and super glue is not made for that, it may hold but will fog up the clear acrylic.
find a plastic supply shop and get some weldon solvent, it comes in a gel form and a watery liquid.
this is the way to bond acrylic together since it will chemicaly melt them together.. it's cheap and easy to do. in fact, if you're handy, you may well decide to build your own after seeing how easy it is.
hope this works out for you and that he makes things right. at the verry least a partial refunf for the trouble and lack of quality.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:23 AM   #6
Fijit
Thank you yeloowtang for your help!
I will for sure be picking up some weldon solvent.
I wish Ryan/PAD would make things right but I'm not holding my breath considering he's yet to reply.

On a separate note... trying to figure out how to post screen shots of the emails.
I saved them in a pdf file... if there's instructions on FC how to post pics or what format they have to be in can someone please point me in the correct direction?

Thank you!

Old 01-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijit View Post
if there's instructions on FC how to post pics or what format they have to be in can someone please point me in the correct direction?
Here you go:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!