New Japanese silver patternless morph(Silverback) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
pdragon
New Japanese silver patternless morph(Silverback)

These guys are some of the first I produced, and still in the process of changing. The orange hypo/silver was solid orange up until about 2 months of age. The tail starts to change first, then back legs, front legs, torso, and lastly the head. The transluscent/silver was a yellow trans before he started to change. The transluscent gene removes white, and the silverback gene produces white/silver. As these two and others get bigger, I will post more pics. Enjoy!

Josh
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
Ed Clark
Good luck developing that morph Josh.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
pdragon
Thanks ED

I'm learning about this morph as I go along. When I aquired the origional silverback from Japan, he was about the same size as these two males. I was told he was about a year old. These guys are a little over 6 months old. The female(het silverback) I posted here a while back that looks pied, is now lavender/purple where she was white. A similar color to the silverback, but lighter because she is hypo. These may start off this white color until it covers their whole body, then change to silver.

Josh

Old 11-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
scorpioartist
Very nice,really cool looking dragons!! =)

Old 11-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
witblits
They look great Josh. Very interesting that they 'lose' colour/pattern with time. This is definately a topic for genetics post graduate studies... Do they get 'lighter' after each shed or is it not dependant on the shedding?

We have hatched our first Witblits patternless for the season last week and our Witblits x OGG are hatching at this moment. Cant wait to see what comes of them.

Cheers

Jacques

Old 11-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
Thumper
Nice job Josh!

Old 11-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
pdragon
Thanks everyone for the complements

Jaques- It looks like they turn white first, then silver. The color comes in even when the dragon hasn't shed out, but shedding does speed up the development for sure. When I put your witblits and the silverback side by side, they look like the exact same morph.

Josh

Old 12-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #8
jmp745
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdragon View Post
Thanks everyone for the complements

Jaques- It looks like they turn white first, then silver. The color comes in even when the dragon hasn't shed out, but shedding does speed up the development for sure. When I put your witblits and the silverback side by side, they look like the exact same morph.

Josh
I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of that Personally I'm more excited about the witblits, than the silverbacks. It just seems like there will be more potential, sense silverbacks sound like they just wash right over any color. Of course witblits might do that same thing, but sense they seem to have different shades it makes me think maybe they can be colored. Dunners dont really seem very cool to me at this point, but hopefully there is a super. I think beardie lovers have been needing some new morphs to pop up for a while now. I'm guessing bloodbanks pied turned out not to be genetic? Seems like we would have heard about some babies produced by now if it was genetic. I love pied animals, so I was really hoping they would get produced. I dont know who all bought witblits, but hopefully someone gets some babies produced in the states. I wonder what all will be around 20-30 years from now. albino, melanistic, marbled, striped, probably all kinds of stuff. To bad australia wont let us export oddballs from the wild to speed things up

Old 12-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #9
pdragon
I wouldn't jump the gun quite yet These morphs are still so new, we still have a ways before we will figure them out. Silverbacks by themselves may not be too impressive, but combined with other morphs, could unlock something new. I see potential with hypo silverbacks, possibly making a solid lavender/purple patternless dragon.

Now there is a third patternless morph called "zero's". I think these have the most potential because they look like a witblits with dark/partial eyes.

If I still had my witblits, I would definately post a pic of the two side by side. Witblits still need some work. I had issues in the past with my eggs not hatching. I aquired some new hets from another breeder that I will be combining with my hets in the near future. I want to make witblits as best as I can, before I start selling them. It took me 5 years of working with transluscents before I got them in the right directon.

Josh

Old 12-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #10
pdragon
My "pied" hets are all in cooling right now.

Josh

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!