Bad Guy Beware Evan Stahl from Stahl Reptiles! - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #81
Teatime
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
I'm confused as to where people are getting the idea Evan is refunding her nothing.
Paypal had given him all of the money back when they denied the buyer's claim, and then he spent part of it for some reason. Even though he hadn't given her the animals or the money yet, he created this situation where he pretty much refuses to give her anything until he sells the animals. $800 is the only money he had to pay his bills? Really?

Old 04-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #82
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teatime View Post
Paypal had given him all of the money back when they denied the buyer's claim, and then he spent part of it for some reason. Even though he hadn't given her the animals or the money yet, he created this situation where he pretty much refuses to give her anything until he sells the animals. $800 is the only money he had to pay his bills? Really?
And yet he says he is refunding her when payments clear.

So, either way, he's still refunding her.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #83
Teatime
Yeah, no, making her wait until he finishes his other business is not being a good guy. It's being kind of petty.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #84
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
And yet he says he is refunding her when payments clear.

So, either way, he's still refunding her.
It's good that he is refunding her, but he shouldn't have spent her money until she had received the animals. What if it takes weeks or months for the animals to sell? She'll just be out of luck until then?

Old 04-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #85
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
It's good that he is refunding her, but he shouldn't have spent her money until she had received the animals. What if it takes weeks or months for the animals to sell? She'll just be out of luck until then?
He said it will be within the next few business days as he is waiting for payments to clear at this moment.

As for me referring to him as a good guy, I don't believe I said that once, Meredith.

Both parties are at fault. Evan spending the money prior to the animals being shipped out does not change a bad buyer being a bad buyer, which the OP is.

What I was pointing out is people in an uproar repeating over and over again Evan is not refunding her when the only thing he stated was he did not feel (his opinion) that she deserved a refund. He has every right to keep her deposit and refund her 700.00, but he is not doing that either. He is giving her 800.00.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #86
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansnakes View Post
I really find it amazing that not one person has anything to say about this awesome buyer trying to steal from me!!! How awesome that she emailed me and pressured me to ship after she had filed for a refund through paypal without telling me???
That's a pretty big accusation. The buyer says that she asked for a refund before initiating her PayPal dispute. You claim to have all of the emails and such, so let's see you prove your version of events. Let's see a screenshot of the PayPal notification or invoice where it shows exactly when she initiated the dispute. We can then compare that to the posted emails, which clearly show that she asked for a refund as early as March 5th.

Am I really the only person that's calling on the idea that someone could be in the middle of a PP dispute and not know it? Unless something has drastically changed, PP issues prompt email notification of every little thing that's going on with one's account. You can try to say that maybe they went into the SPAM folder. If that's the case, does it make sense to ANYONE here that someone who heavily uses PP wouldn't have noticed this in their years of using that service, and compensated for it? Both Yahoo and GMail clients allow you to mark something as "Not Spam," and it's always worked for me. I'd imagine that other email clients offer a similar option. I'm no "poster child for online sales," but I'm not buying that he didn't know about a dispute. As it seems that he uses it not only for online buying/selling, but also for paying bills, it's pretty unlikely that he hasn't figured out how to receive his notifications.

Quote:
Also, if you read the emails, she told me to resell the animals and refund her money. It was not my idea or game plan.
To which you replied that you wouldn't issue the refund, and that she just had to wait. At some point after that, you changed your mind and decided to re-sell them. As with every other aspect of this transaction, YOU were in complete control and had all of the power. You made the choice to re-sell them. You don't seem to have had any interest in the buyer's input before she brought this to the BOI, so I think it's funny that you're now trying to use it as some sort of justification.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #87
evansnakes
Dan, you are totally out of line. I not once ever said that I was unaware of anything, in fact I very clearly stated that I knew of the paypal disputes. What is evident is that she for some reason thought that I would not be told by paypal when she filed a dispute as her emails tell me with her asking for a refund and asking for me to ship the animals both while never mentioning the paypal dispute that she filed and the fact that they told her they had removed the $ from my account and she still wanted the animals shipped to her.

As for your other point, I am not trying to justify anything, as I have now publicly stated about a dozen times that I am refunding her money any day now as soon as the payment for the snake posts to paypal, I was just posting the truth, that she brought up reselling the snakes and then refunding her, it was not my idea and I did not bring it up. How about you stop looking for some huge criminal conspiracies where there are none.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #88
Fangthane
Quote:
Dan, you are totally out of line. I not once ever said that I was unaware of anything, in fact I very clearly stated that I knew of the paypal disputes. What is evident is that she for some reason thought that I would not be told by paypal when she filed a dispute as her emails tell me with her asking for a refund and asking for me to ship the animals both while never mentioning the paypal dispute that she filed and the fact that they told her they had removed the $ from my account and she still wanted the animals shipped to her.
Ahh I see. So you just chose to keep mentioning that she supposedly initiated the dispute before first asking for the refund as a bit of a red herring. Your posts have strongly implied a lack of knowledge about the fact that there was a PP dispute.

For anyone who's actually used PP to any degree, I'm sure they've noticed that PP gives notifications about everything. So, it's pretty laughable to try to say that she'd assumed that you wouldn't know about it, and was trying to get two refunds or free snakes. If your version of events is the truth, it still doesn't show that she was trying to steal from you. It could have very easily been meant to show you that she wasn't playing around.

Either way, I can't help noticing that you chose not to provide proof for your accusation. She says she didn't initiate the dispute until after you refused her refund. You say that it was before. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for someone to go through the hassle of a dispute, before asking the seller to refund of their own volition. It'd be a very simple matter to clear it up and prove that she lied. Can't imagine why you'd want to avoid doing so. Let me guess, we should just instantly take the word of such a renowned seller, right?

Quote:
As for your other point, I am not trying to justify anything, as I have now publicly stated about a dozen times that I am refunding her money any day now as soon as the payment for the snake posts to paypal, I was just posting the truth, that she brought up reselling the snakes and then refunding her, it was not my idea and I did not bring it up. How about you stop looking for some huge criminal conspiracies where there are none.
You're trying to twist the situation into appearing that there was some nefarious plot to get you to send her snakes, as well as getting a PP refund, and I'm the conspiracy theorist??

You said "no" to her idea. If you're not trying to use her idea to justify anything, what's the point in bringing it up? My point still stands. I highly doubt that she was advocating you making her wait for her refund until after you'd re-sold the snakes.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #89
Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smenger View Post
Mid march I requested I be refunded for my purchase for 800 and was told I would not receive a refund I would get my animals !

Sierra wanted a refund because Evan wouldn't ship when she felt the snakes could be shipped. She then initiated a dispute because she either wanted the snakes stat or a full refund despite the weather being unreasonable.

Evan was clearly planning on shipping as soon as he felt it safe to do so. Sierra wasn't happy with that. The posted emails show this.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #90
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Sierra wanted a refund because Evan wouldn't ship when she felt the snakes could be shipped. She then initiated a dispute because she either wanted the snakes stat or a full refund despite the weather being unreasonable.
That's what she says: That the request came before the PayPal dispute. Evan says differently. He's using his version of the timeline to try to make it appear that she had larcenous intentions. Although I think filing a dispute first would be a bonehead move on her part, I don't feel that that would automatically support his theory. Either way, since he did choose to level the accusation, I think he should back it up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!