Info Eddie Markward - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:04 PM   #51
charlene.dourty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolecwhittingham View Post
Wait, according to the last post before you showed pictures. You knew they had mites but he seems to have though he had them under control? Also, you missed payments for 3 months meaning he would have been feeding them out of his own pocket. Did these animals breed and lay before or during the time of nonpayment?
We also gave Eddie all our rats and rat racks. Which said rats had been producing and feeding our entire collection before Eddie even got them. We only had to buy extra small rats every once in a while. So not only was he getting 200 a month except the months we missed but he also got all our rats, mice, and asf's.

Only two of our animals actually laid while in his care. One we were splitting and the other was complete slugs. All animals from the clutch we split perished in the overheat. At least that was what we were told.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:28 PM   #52
Lucille
Charlene I think that now would be a good time to make a detailed list with supporting paperwork of all the financial losses you have experienced due to this experience with Eddie.
Include the estimated costs of extra rodents you are feeding now to make up for their starved condition, the costs in time and gas to pick them up, and get in writing from both vets (for medical costs) and experts (other sellers) as far as time lost to you and your business to get the snakes back into shape, and a list of snakes which may have been so stunted that they will never be able to fully perform either as breeders or saleable pets.
It is best to do this now, while this incident and the expenses associated are fresh on your mind.
Back up rat costs with past invoices if you have any from companies you did purchase from.
You can't take too many picture right now. And take the time to get together as many 'before' pictures as possible.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:36 PM   #53
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
He has. He's been posting on Facebook about the situation, but he is aware of the thread here. He has deleted some of his posts on Facebook (like the one below) after the fact, so perhaps that is why he is avoiding a site where his posts cannot be deleted.
I am glad you got (and posted) the screenshot of his admissions in that post.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:02 PM   #54
charlene.dourty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Charlene I think that now would be a good time to make a detailed list with supporting paperwork of all the financial losses you have experienced due to this experience with Eddie.
Include the estimated costs of extra rodents you are feeding now to make up for their starved condition, the costs in time and gas to pick them up, and get in writing from both vets (for medical costs) and experts (other sellers) as far as time lost to you and your business to get the snakes back into shape, and a list of snakes which may have been so stunted that they will never be able to fully perform either as breeders or saleable pets.
It is best to do this now, while this incident and the expenses associated are fresh on your mind.
Back up rat costs with past invoices if you have any from companies you did purchase from.
You can't take too many picture right now. And take the time to get together as many 'before' pictures as possible.
I will do my best to gather all the information possible but it will take me a couple days to do it all. We are still getting everyone settled in and trying to get our first rat order going. We have had to do a lot of cleaning and spraying for mites. I have some stuff together but not everything that you listed above. Please be patient with me as I do have a lot going on besides just this mess. Thanks

Old 09-20-2015, 07:11 PM   #55
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene.dourty View Post
Please be patient with me
Take the time you need, you have been through a lot. My suggestions were made for your benefit, so that you have the info to return to, after the hustle and bustle of getting everything going again.
During this time of gathering info and thinking all of this through, you may think whether to consider making a report leading to criminal charges of animal abuse.
If I can help in any way, you are welcome to PM me.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:19 PM   #56
Black Adder
I am really at a total loss for words here
How can ANYBODY who has any compassion towards their animals let this happen no matter what?
And I am referring to Eddie Markward here because while in his care they were for all intents and purposes his animals to look after and keep safe and healthy.
So so sorry for your poor snakes and I sincerely hope the ones you have managed to get back will all make a full recovery
Just shocking.......

Old 09-20-2015, 07:32 PM   #57
kmrkvicka
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
OP I think it would also help if we knew:
- How many snakes you left with Eddie,
- When the t-stat/heater malfunction actually happened, and when you found out about it,
- How many of your snakes were lost due to the t-stat/heater malfunction, and how many survived but stopped eating due to heat-related injuries, and
- How many snakes you got back, and the condition of all of them now.

Also in the screenshot on the prior page Eddie is claiming your snakes had mites when they arrived. Did you have mites in your collection when the snakes went to Eddie?
Even if the OP did have mites when they arrived with Eddie, that was back in DECEMBER. That is 9+ months of failed treatment. Unacceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene.dourty View Post
We also gave Eddie all our rats and rat racks. Which said rats had been producing and feeding our entire collection before Eddie even got them. We only had to buy extra small rats every once in a while. So not only was he getting 200 a month except the months we missed but he also got all our rats, mice, and asf's.

Only two of our animals actually laid while in his care. One we were splitting and the other was complete slugs. All animals from the clutch we split perished in the overheat. At least that was what we were told.

Charlene - I was under the impression that Eddie used ambient temps to control the temps in the room. Did the whole room overheat? I am more familiar with hearing about tstat failures in rack temps as opposed to the temps in the room...

So sorry for all that you've gone through. Did Eddie make you aware of the large number of your snakes that died prior to you getting them back?

Old 09-20-2015, 07:38 PM   #58
charlene.dourty
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrkvicka View Post
Charlene - I was under the impression that Eddie used ambient temps to control the temps in the room. Did the whole room overheat? I am more familiar with hearing about tstat failures in rack temps as opposed to the temps in the room...

So sorry for all that you've gone through. Did Eddie make you aware of the large number of your snakes that died prior to you getting them back?
Yes he used ambient heat. I am not entirely sure of how he had it setup but he told us the thermostat the oil heater was set up on failed which allowed the heater to keep heating the entire room.

He informed us of what was lost due to the overheat. He didn't let us know exactly the condition of the ones that survived. He said they were dehydrated from the overheat which is understandable. BUT 3-4 weeks later when I picked them up, they should not have still appeared dehydrated. Many were way under the weight they were we when handed them over. We were completely blown away by how everything turned out. And were shocked to see the condition of the ones that survived.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #59
Texas Dragon Lab
How many animals did you have in his care?

Old 09-20-2015, 07:42 PM   #60
meowmeowkazoo
Charlene,

I don't believe you have posted the screenshot of the message in which Eddie told you his collection had mites before you gave him your snakes. I have included it here since you seem to have quite a bit going on right now. I do not have the messages that came before or after this one.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!