Bad Guy James at Embergecko.com is a thief and lies about his Genetics!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:03 AM   #1
Fireballs007
James at Embergecko.com is a thief and lies about his Genetics!!

James at Ember Gecko sells animals that not genetically sound. Over the past year I have made it my mission to purchase the highest quality Giant and Super Giant leopard geckos available. I turned down a dark road when I started purchasing animals from Ember gecko. I have received heavily breeded animals, egg bound females who died shortly after receiving them, not one of the animals I have purchased from him have grow to Super Giant weight. I have noticed that he labels animals under different headings such as "het enigma" (the same animal will be posted under his "tangerine" landing). Many times I have had to confront him with these situations. Many times he becomes a very pushy unbearable person. Never offering refunds just animals in exchange for his carelessness. I have had enough.. My last purchase (2SG & 1G) never grew to be what he had advertised. This is 1800$ worth of geckos! His first statement to me was "there will not be a return." In typical fashion I was guided to pick another pair of his genetically unsound animals. In an attempt to rectify the situation I offered him 3 options.
1. Id return the animals for a full refund minus shipping.
2. Id take a 50% refund and keep the animals.
3. Offer me a true pair of Super Giant leopard geckos. That he can prove genetics and age to.

Unfortunately James is now ignoring all phone calls and or emails from me. Please understand that this is not some sort of misguided raging rant more so a heads up from a person who has purchased MANY leopard geckos, to not buy from embergecko.com. He is a crook and will consistently take advantage of you. Hope this helps anyone looking to purchase from him to decide NOT to buy from him.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:12 AM   #2
juliasara
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=Ember+gecko

There are a few bad guy posts about James. Your not the first to have issues with him. Have you notified him that you posted this thread?

Old 06-24-2016, 07:16 AM   #3
Fireballs007
I notified him yesterday that I would be posting on the BOI about him. He never responded to the email.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:40 AM   #4
juliasara
Im sure people will ask, so if you could post any emails, messages and pictures you have it would be helpful.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:57 AM   #5
Fireballs007
Unfortunatly the majority of the conversation happened on the phone. The only email documentation is me telling him about the size of the geckos and how they never grew out, and him telling me he would call me soon. Im sure by now James has figured out not to put anything in writing. I will post pictures of the geckos with their current weights. Pictures of the 1800$ egg bound female that I recieved from him that died in 2 days. The Extreme Emerine that I purchased from him that arrived with worms. I have never brought any of that up because he has always offered replacement geckos.. Which in all honesty I have gladly accepted. But when your recieving animals for animals that are not genetically sound and they themselves are not genetically sound there has to be an end to that madness. I will compile this information today. It is a lot so Ill need a bit.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:00 AM   #6
swahn
I've found Ember gecko to be just fine. I've ordered carrot tails from them with no issues whatsoever.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:16 PM   #7
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireballs007 View Post
I notified him yesterday that I would be posting on the BOI about him. He never responded to the email.
Since someone brought this back up, are there any updates? Did James ever reply to you?

Old 01-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #8
geocentricgecko
I am making payments on two Leopard Geckos from EmberGecko.com which should be paid off and shipped by early March.

Here's to hoping for healthy and happy leos from James!!!!!

Old 01-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #9
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by geocentricgecko View Post
I am making payments on two Leopard Geckos from EmberGecko.com which should be paid off and shipped by early March.

Here's to hoping for healthy and happy leos from James!!!!!
I'm guessing you didn't read all the posts before you ordered. I hope you do receive healthy pets from him. Good luck!

Old 01-04-2017, 05:37 PM   #10
Fireballs007
James never responded to my emails nor did he ever satisfy the problem. I hope this serves as a warning to people to not do business with him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!