Bad Guy Snakes At Sunset - Terrible Communication - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:58 PM   #71
Snakesatsunset
Erin, dont worry, we are glad you chose us in the begining, and sorry for someone else taking your money for the other iguana that was not ours.

We talked about it today, and there are going to be time frames to sit down and respond to each request at one time(couple times a day), instead of as they come in so we can check them off accurately and make sure they are taken care of.

We are also going to have jobs per contact section such as website message, email, facebook, fauna...etc where ONE person deals with each section so another doesnt assume the other took care of a request or question when it might not of.

The reason we ASK why a refund or cancellation is 9 times out of 10, people request cancellation due to interpreting information wrong....even though we try to state it clear on website. Some people ask to cancel because they are not available, or have to travel out of town not knowing we can hold the animal for up to 60 days for them if agreed upon, etc....we have had some people get deployed without notice and can no longer recieve the animal, etc etc etc.....if someone were to tell us they want to cancel cause they are insecure ordering from us, then we would refund them...

sounds to me like westlund has dealt with many a bad business where he feels the need to protect himself....sad thing, but probably reality....

Old 11-14-2016, 07:02 PM   #72
calebroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycatpenut View Post
I don't see why everyone is picking on this guy for lying. A customer doesn't need a reason to cancel an order that hasn't shipped. He only lied because the vendor pressured him for the reason why he wanted to cancel and get his money back. He should have been refunded when he asked.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
I agree, I mean I have not dog in this fight and don't know much about it. But when a customer returns an item. The reason does not matter really. For example if they simply cannot afford the item, and they return as "item not as described". I would not care. Maybe they are protecting their pride or just making up a reason to return. At the end of the day, when a paying customer want to cancel an item, the reason why is just informational. People say they return my merchandise for a variety of reasons.

Returns are a pain for me, and I never enjoy them - however, it's a cost of doing business

Old 11-14-2016, 07:07 PM   #73
Fatalis
Michael,

I appreciate your concern and attempts to improve your communication. I am actually quite impressed with your receptiveness and it encourages me to consider your website as a source of future purchases again.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:11 PM   #74
Fatalis
Also an update on the scammer situation. I did get back all of my money yesterday through PayPal.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:13 PM   #75
Helenthereef
This sounds like a good resolution: Snakes and Sunset are improving their communications and the OP is satisfied.

Just for future information Fatalis: there is the option of posting an information thread in the BOI if you're not sure a situation really warrants a Bad Guy rating. Not a criticism, just in case of future need.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:46 PM   #76
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycatpenut View Post
I don't see why everyone is picking on this guy for lying. A customer doesn't need a reason to cancel an order that hasn't shipped. He only lied because the vendor pressured him for the reason why he wanted to cancel and get his money back. He should have been refunded when he asked.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
That's not how live animal transactions work. He entered into a contract to buy & paid money for an animal. It is completely understandable that Mike asked why he wanted to cancel his order, it may have been something simple that he could've helped with.

I'm confused as to why he is so upset, he got his refund …

Old 11-14-2016, 08:52 PM   #77
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
That's not how live animal transactions work. He entered into a contract to buy & paid money for an animal. It is completely understandable that Mike asked why he wanted to cancel his order, it may have been something simple that he could've helped with.

I'm confused as to why he is so upset, he got his refund …
Seems like a new thing for people to do these days: play the part of a victim who needs attention and to be coddled.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:03 PM   #78
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
Seems like a new thing for people to do these days: play the part of a victim who needs attention and to be coddled.
This is a true statement. I have noticed this trend and it saddens me.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:31 PM   #79
tlmoon
I bet someone may have been added to some people's "do not sell to" lists....I wouldn't to deal with the now banned individual, based on the behavior displayed.

Snakes at Sunset appears to care about the issue that was raised and that says a lot and earns them some good points in my book.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:20 AM   #80
Banmeplease
Thumbs down

*Content removed due to a member trying to bypass a ban.* - Nick Anastasiou
  Received Infraction

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!