Bad Guy Beware of canyon county reptiles the sell sick snakes - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:19 AM   #51
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
You posted little to no proof or evidence aside from a picture of a sick snake from who knows where with some cut and paste of emails where nothing extremely unacceptable has been exchanged. No screen shots of any txt or message exchanges, nothing to show that you even purchased the snake from these people, no picture of the box it came in without heat, nothing at all except for a picture of a sick snake with nothing connecting it to anybody other than yourself.
This. And frankly, there isn't enough shown of the snake to uniquely ID it. Based on the little shown it could theoretically match up to one of a dozen in my racks.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:29 AM   #52
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I have sent an email and a link to this thread to morphmarket
Morphmarket is very responsive, I admire that:

Hi Lucille,

Absolutely. We don't offer anything in the way of dispute resolution, and BOI is the best thing out there. I'm happy to send people over.

John

Old 12-01-2016, 11:39 AM   #53
AllisonLeigh
Thankfully I've been lucky and never had to deal with one, but I noticed the OP said in his email to the seller that there was no cure for respiratory infections and that they'll wipe out an entire collection? From previous threads I've read I thought they were more like snake pneumonia in that it could kill them if it isn't treated and it gets really bad, but it is quite treatable? Is that not true?

Old 12-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #54
Andy_G
Allison, it depends. You can have bacterial respiratory infections, which require C&S testing by a veterinarian in order to administer the correct meds, so those are normally treatable. There's also viral respiratory infections which simply have to run their course and the only real treatment is aiding the immune response by increasing heat and humidity...viral infections are not treatable. RI's can certainly kill a snake if not treated or if treated improperly, especially if the snake is already immunocompromised by some other pathogen. The first step these days should pretty much always be C&S testing so you know what you're dealing with.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:02 PM   #55
AllisonLeigh
Thanks Andy! That's good to know!
For the seller to do anything proactive it would be important for them to know the type of infection then, and it certainly sounds like it's not a guaranteed death sentence. OP, did you take the snake to a vet yet? Is it receiving any treatment?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:16 PM   #56
Robert Walker
Hi Jessica, I see that you registered account here with us, welcome. Cool heads always do better on the BOI. People here are always willing to hear both sides of a story, so don't feel that you are necessarily the underdog here at all. Welcome again and enjoy.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:30 PM   #57
CanyonCountryReptiles
Lucille was professional and polite enough to send me, the seller, notification that a thread had been created in this forum. My response to her: "Wow, I really don’t know what to say. I do appreciate you for sending this to me. I guess this whole thing is a lesson learned for us – we need to video tape or take pictures of our snakes before we send them. This guy has been extremely unprofessional with us from the beginning and we have tried doing the right thing. We can’t just send him a refund when he’s placed a claim through paypal and they might automatically refund him – he would get money twice.
We would NEVER purposely ship a sick snake!! As I explained to him, we had no indication that it was sick – eating and shedding fine, acting fine, no bubbles that we saw. It is difficult to determine that the pic he’s taking for us actually is our snake. If we somehow overlooked something, we would certainly own that and apologize and make it right with him!! He’s harassing us at this point, too – sending my husband rude text messages."

I do have the numerous emails and text messages that were sent to us from SnakeMorphology, but I am not sure it is entirely appropriate to post all of them. I do not say this because we have anything to hide, or that I spoke inappropriately, but there is still an open inquiry through Paypal - I've been sharing information with them. At this point, I think it's best to communicate through them until a judgement is made.

We are not saying that we won't refund the money - we just needed to make sure that the buyer was being honest with us. We only just recently starting shipping our items for sale, so some of the shipping business aspect of it was knew to us. We have had numerous successful shipments and our customers have been extremely satisfied, so this is the first time we've had someone ask for a refund. Let me rephrase - demand a refund. The buyer (Rick) didn't even try to contact us about the snake before he contacted Paypal - he went there immediately. Paypal emails come to my address, but communication through Morph Market goes directly to my husband's email - there was nothing from the buyer. So, I started communication with the buyer in order to reach a resolution, which required me to ask questions. My emails showed that. I also quickly responded to Paypal that I would like some kind of evidence that our snake we shipped is/was indeed sick. We check snakes before we ship them and certainly would not have sent her if she was obviously "that" sick. The buyer claims that the snake has had an infection for a long time. Well, I do not know how he would know that just by looking at her and there is no way that it true. Like I stated to him, she was eating, shedding, moving, acting quite typically up until we shipped her. There were no symptoms of any kind or any indication that she was sick. Now, if she was/is indeed sick and he saw this upon her arrival and we somehow overlooked this, by all means, we want to do what is necessary to make it right. That being said, we are now very cautious about what to do next because the buyer's reaction to the situation, responses with us, and interactions thus far have made us question his integrity.

We are now waiting to hear from Paypal (which I explained to the buyer), because our funds are tied up through them. They froze the payment until a resolution was made. I can not send him money for a refund as well as a prepaid shipping label, which he is insisting we create for him, and risk losing out on the money. Granted, it's not an overly pricey snake, but I don't make it a habit of throwing money out the window.

I apologize for the lengthiness of my reply, but I thought it was important for this forum and its members to hear where we are coming from. We all know how quickly a reputation can get ruined on the internet and our business does rely on positive feedback from our customers. I welcome questions and inquiry from the members on here, but I will not engage in a debate, argument, or "mud-flinging" with Snake Morphology. I appreciate the opportunity to better explain the situation.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:32 PM   #58
CanyonCountryReptiles
Thank you very much for the welcome!

Old 12-01-2016, 02:41 PM   #59
Andy_G
Jessica, you sound more than reasonable and you're 100% correct in that he may get his refund twice. The buyer here from his previous responses and lack of facts and evidence is making us question his integrity, not yours. Thanks for explaining your stance and side of the story thus far.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:01 PM   #60
bcr229
Do you have any proof, such as a screen shot from FedEx, of when the snake was shipped to the buyer?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!