Inquiry Nick Lillis – XtremVipereXotics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:32 PM   #1
Michael Brown
Nick Lillis – XtremVipereXotics

Who is this guy? In the market for a monitor, so have been paying good attention to that part of the classifieds. What stood out initially was the large Nile monitor he is selling. It appears to be a 25-30lb animal that he is holding by the neck, but states once of of cage he is fine. Also the cage he has it in seems to be, non-ideal? To say the least. Animal is 2 inches from an exposed light, screen with large holes (impossible to hold humidity/heat), and overall looks too small IMO. He has a bunch of listings, I have provided a few screen shots of what I deemed relevant.

Started to look around, appears he had himself listed as 22 years old, with 30 year’s of experience, derp. When called out, he apparently removed his age from his profile, and stated he is in his 50’s. At that point my interested was peaked. Found a Nick Lillis on fb, appears to be in his young 20s, listed as living in Sparta New Jersey. This is ~30 minutes from the Nick Lillis here who is listed as living in Sussex NJ. This fb profile happens to have a bunch of "likes" of reptile groups. Think I am getting warm. His light facial hair (or lack thereof) + distinctly large hands look very similar to the individual posing in the fauna pictures (see below).

From the looks of it, the only thing he might be guilty of is lying about his age, poor husbandry (in my opinion, cedar chips, multiple species in one cage), getting rather aggressive when questioned about his age (see below), and some suspect identification of his reptiles. For me, that’s enough to avoid him. His animals look to be in decent shape. It makes me wonder if he raised them or acquired them. I find it hard to believe, from his caging, that they would have decent sheds / function properly, but who knows. Would like to know if anyone has had a positive interaction with him.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2016, 11:32 PM   #2
Michael Brown
few more pictures
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2016, 11:34 PM   #3
Michael Brown
last ones
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2016, 12:15 AM   #4
Its_JoeyHello
Im not saying that he is honest, but his animals despite the conditions being kept seem healthy enough. That large one actually has my interest lol

Old 12-31-2016, 12:23 AM   #5
Its_JoeyHello
Also, the one being held by neck, appears to be a salvator

Old 12-31-2016, 12:24 AM   #6
Robert Walker
You have the correct person Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brown View Post
From the looks of it, the only thing he might be guilty of is...
You can add:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremVipereXotics View Post
REALLY COOL NILE! BEEN DOING IT 30 YEARS! NEVER SEEN A NILE LIKE THIS EVER! PICTURES DO ZERO JUSTICE!
Misrepresentation of his own experience & longevity with monitors, thus attempting to lend himself false credibility while trying to sell an unique "RARE BLUE NILE!". Thanks for posting this Mike and thanks to James L for originally pointing out the 22 vs. 30 issue.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:55 AM   #7
Michael Brown
**Said large nile, meant large water monitor

Old 12-31-2016, 01:06 AM   #8
StarlightMeadowsFarm
This guy also posts on Craigslists, not just animals for sale, but also as a "rescue"

Old 12-31-2016, 11:42 AM   #9
XtremVipereXotics
IM GOING TO SOLVE THIS NOW SO YOU DONT HAVE TO STALK MY LIFE ANY LONGER. I AM 22 MY DAD IS 52 WE SHARE THE SAME ACCOUNT. HE HAS SOLD ANIMALS FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS. THE ANIMALS YOUR SEEING IN CEDAR AND CHICKEN CAGES ARE ONLY IN THERE FOR ME TO TAKE EASY PICTURES. AS FOR THE SALVADOR BEING HELD BY ITS "NECK" IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY IM NOT HOLDING IT BY ITS NECK. IT IS AGGRESSIVE RIGHT OUT OF CAGE WHICH IS WHEN I TOOK THE PICTURES. OTHERWISE IVE HAD HIM FOR TWO YEARS NO PROBLEM. MY RESCUE POST ON CRAIGSLIST ARE AN ACTUAL THING. WE RESCUE AND REHOME ANIMALS ON OUR SPARE TIME. IM JUST TRYING TO FATHOM WHY YOU GUYS ARE GOING THRU SO MUCH HASSLE TO TRY AND RUIN SOMEONES REPUTATION THAT IS DOING NOTHING WRONG AND JUST TRYING TO SELL AND BUY REPTILES.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:44 AM   #10
XtremVipereXotics
WE ALSO LIVE IN SUSSEX NJ AND SPARTA NJ. YES THEY ARE 27 MINS AWAY FROM EACHOTHER.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!