Bad Guy DALE PICOLLA BAD GUY - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #21
whatnowcustoms
Ok I know this may not be the 100% best solution to this debate but I live on Staten Island and have been a zookeeper on and off for the past 14+ years and have been breeding reptiles for the past 13+. If both parties want me to I'd have no problem being an impartial judge of the animal considering I don't know either of the 2 gentlemen in question. Also I am almost positive that is not an up to date list of the legalities of nyc animals because it was ammended but the ny state website never updated it. Monitors I'm pretty sure are still a no but where it says all pythons is not true cause after they ammended the law you can once again buy ball pythons and such in pet stores here again but the "large" species are still outlawed.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #22
Laura Fopiano
I have no dog in this hunt. I do not know the seller or the buyer.

That being said what bothers me the most by this transaction is in the emails.

[quote/] From: Dale Picolla <dale.picolla@yahoo.com>
To: ronald peteroy <rpeteroy@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2011 6:48 PM
Subject: Re:

Forgive me for my anger Ron but I would never send you a retarded animal[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"][COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"].Do not take it to the vet. [/color][/color]What you have is a severely stressed animal with enemia from blood loss. It doesnt surprise me on the nail loss.. But you can clearly see the animal has been eating well.. Give it rest and help it eat... It will bounce back in time.. Im 50 and have had hundreds and hudereds of varanids... I know what im talking about.. keep me posted... Dale [quote/]

Now I don't know about the rest of the readers here, but I would never discourage a keeper from seeking some medical advice. Evenif it's for a little piece of mind. Not taking it to the vet makes it look like the seller has something to hide

Old 08-24-2011, 11:48 AM   #23
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnowcustoms View Post
Ok I know this may not be the 100% best solution to this debate but I live on Staten Island and have been a zookeeper on and off for the past 14+ years and have been breeding reptiles for the past 13+. If both parties want me to I'd have no problem being an impartial judge of the animal considering I don't know either of the 2 gentlemen in question. Also I am almost positive that is not an up to date list of the legalities of nyc animals because it was ammended but the ny state website never updated it. Monitors I'm pretty sure are still a no but where it says all pythons is not true cause after they ammended the law you can once again buy ball pythons and such in pet stores here again but the "large" species are still outlawed.
Please cite the amended text.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #24
whatnowcustoms
sorry to be off topic....I'll try and find it. I know after they put the entire python genus on the banned list they later went back and fixed it. While I was living in CA for a few years is when the total ban happened then after I moved back and was working at the zoo is when it got amended. Of the top of my head gonna say 2006-2007 is when they did the amending cause there was a notice above the time clock at the zoo with the up to date info. All new random animal news article are usually pinned up there for whomever to read.

In the few minutes i"ve been looking so far i found:

notifing the city that you own or in the possession of a "wild animal" as an enviromental conservation law- All venomous snakes and all constrictors and python snakes that
are ten feet or greater in length; and
(6) Crocodilia that are five feet or greater in length.
http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=$$GMU209-CC$$@TXGMU0209-CC+&LIST=SEA2+&BROWSER=BROWSER+&TOKEN=41593905+&TA RGET=VIEW

and as a general municipal law- All reptiles that are venomous by nature, pursuant to department
regulation, and the following species and orders: Burmese Python (Python
m. bivittatus), Reticulated Python (Python reticulatus), African Rock
Python (Python sabae), Green Anaconda (Eunectes maurinus), Yellow
Anaconda (Eunectes notaeus), Australian Amethystine Python (Morelia
amethistina and Morelia kinghorni), Indian Python (Python molurus),
Asiatic (water) Monitor (Varanus salvator), Nile Monitor (Varanus
nilocitus), White Throat Monitor (Varanus albigularis), Black Throat
Monitor (Varanus albigularis ionides) and Crocodile Monitor (Varanus
salvadori), Komodo Dragon (Varanus komodensis) and any hybrid thereof,
(6) Crocodylia.

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=$$ENV11-0103$$@TXENV011-0103+&LIST=SEA1+&BROWSER=BROWSER+&TOKEN=41593905+& TARGET=VIEW

I'll continue to look for the main one i was speaking about for ya.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #25
Lucille
I'm not asking for cites to state law. I'm asking for cites to any changes in the NYC article 161 health laws you may be aware of that vary the below:

(10) Reptiles (Reptilia). All Helodermatidae (gila monster and Mexican beaded lizard); all front-fanged venomous snakes, even if devenomized, including, but not limited to, all
Viperidae (viper, pit viper), all Elapidae (cobra, mamba, krait, coral snake), all
Atractaspididae (African burrowing asp), all Hydrophiidae (sea snake), all Laticaudidae
(sea krait); all venomous, mid-or rear-fanged, Duvernoy-glanded members of the family
Colubridae, even if devenomized; any member, or hybrid offspring of the family Boidae,
including, but not limited to, the common or green anaconda and yellow anaconda; any
member of the family Pythonidae, including but not limited to the African rock python,
Indian or Burmese python, Amethystine or scrub python; any member of the family
Varanidae, including the white throated monitor, Bosc's or African savannah monitor,
Komodo monitor or dragon, Nile monitor, crocodile monitor, water monitor, Bornean
earless monitor; any member of the family Iguanidae, including the green or common
iguana; any member of the family Teiidae, including, but not limited to the golden,
common, or black and white tegu; all members of the family Chelydridae, including
snapping turtle and alligator snapping turtle; and all members of the order Crocodylia,
including, but not limited to alligator, caiman and crocodile

Old 08-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #26
Michael Brown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I'm not asking for cites to state law. I'm asking for cites to any changes in the NYC article 161 health laws you may be aware of that vary the below:

(10) Reptiles (Reptilia). All Helodermatidae (gila monster and Mexican beaded lizard); all front-fanged venomous snakes, even if devenomized, including, but not limited to, all
Viperidae (viper, pit viper), all Elapidae (cobra, mamba, krait, coral snake), all
Atractaspididae (African burrowing asp), all Hydrophiidae (sea snake), all Laticaudidae
(sea krait); all venomous, mid-or rear-fanged, Duvernoy-glanded members of the family
Colubridae, even if devenomized; any member, or hybrid offspring of the family Boidae,
including, but not limited to, the common or green anaconda and yellow anaconda; any
member of the family Pythonidae, including but not limited to the African rock python,
Indian or Burmese python, Amethystine or scrub python; any member of the family
Varanidae, including the white throated monitor, Bosc's or African savannah monitor,
Komodo monitor or dragon, Nile monitor, crocodile monitor, water monitor, Bornean
earless monitor; any member of the family Iguanidae, including the green or common
iguana; any member of the family Teiidae, including, but not limited to the golden,
common, or black and white tegu; all members of the family Chelydridae, including
snapping turtle and alligator snapping turtle; and all members of the order Crocodylia,
including, but not limited to alligator, caiman and crocodile
, I live in NY when I'm in school and thats what I go by

Old 08-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #27
whatnowcustoms
lol thats what i was looking for...its kinda hard to find when the state doesn't update all it stuff though. almost 99.99% certain the one you posted is not up to date but is the only one listed online

Old 08-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #28
Lucille
Well if you are 99.99% sure, you ought to be able to find what you are talking about since it is in your field of expertise.
If you can't find it, it comes off the table, you know. We are not governed by hidden statutes that someone thinks they have heard of.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #29
hhmoore
The NY state law you were referring to is NOT the same as the NYC health code.
The topic of ball pythons - or even pythons in general - is somewhat irrelevant in this thread, however, as water monitors are illegal in the STATE of NY...and local law cannot be less restrictive than state law.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #30
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Please cite the amended text.
if he's saying the amended part has to do with pythons, what does that have to do with the topic of this thread and the monitor? What am I missing here? otherwise this all seems rather off topic.

OP - will you be posting the results from the vet and/or photos that might show the "serious signs of muscular deteriation or atrophy" or video "just flops over when it turns its head to eat". That would go a long way towards trying to prove your case.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!