Info ScalesNskin Reptile Auctions and Off The Ark Exotics - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #31
smilts
The problem is that Vinny can only make it right by taking the snake back then sending a refund to ScalesNskin. Then Justin will be stuck with no snake male or otherwise and no money.. To be honest that snake would not leave my house with out money in hand. that has nothing to do with Vinny but everything to do with ScalesNskin. Not to mention the fact that I believe Justin stated that the snake was not the same value as the one he was supposedly to get in the first place?

Old 10-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #32
dustinNMpythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbooker83 View Post
What happen to the first albino that was to be sent? In the beginning of all this it was said that it was sick and that you had problems getting it from Sarah .... You also said it took her sometime to get back to you in regards to it and that she only responded after you said u would go to the Boi about this . There's more to all of this but it looks like a "Bash the third party " thing which is not cool . I think if your going to throw rocks at one person you should throw some at the aswell because there in the wrong
WOW defending the "third party" won't get you anywhere but going down with a sinking ship. Both parties messed up and both are in this together. Obviously Sarah Paid Vinny so she tried and then Vinny sent out the wrong sex so he tried too, just both of them did a horible job at "trying".

Old 10-30-2011, 02:24 AM   #33
David_Means

Old 10-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #34
venomkeeper1
I see vinny showed his face on facebook again.
Vinny Ferraiolo I understand how everyone feels on here but the pure fact is that Justin is NOT my customer, he did NOT pay me any money. Sarah is my customer, she paid me. I have contacted Jjustin with his only option concerning me and what I would do scenario and that is all I can do. The Paypal "refund" feature will only send the money back to the person who paid me.

Why can he not come to the BOI and defend himself? Is he worried that maybe, just a little bit that he is actually wrong.?

Old 10-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #35
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj-mitchell View Post

I messaged sarah @ scalesnskin to let her know I was more than upset at this point and she passes me off to OFF THE ARK EXOTICS she used them to replace the female I was owed.

This is where it went south, in my opinion. Whatever a seller does to make a mistake right with her customer, the person remains HER customer and should not be 'passed off' to anyone else. This buyer should not have had to deal with anyone except Sarah, and it does not matter in the least how Sarah went about trying to make a fix here.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #36
Jbooker83
I am defending no one here, I simply read everything and made a statement based on it, the third party was given a job the first did not fill and at the end up the day it ended up still not working out for the buyer . In that case both are wrong for there own doings and should be judged as such .... That is all i am saying . If you sent someone to the store to get you something and someone else came back with something you didnt ask for would you blame the person who came back ? The person you sent first ? Or both ?

Old 10-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #37
dustinNMpythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbooker83 View Post
I am defending no one here, I simply read everything and made a statement based on it, the third party was given a job the first did not fill and at the end up the day it ended up still not working out for the buyer . In that case both are wrong for there own doings and should be judged as such .... That is all i am saying . If you sent someone to the store to get you something and someone else came back with something you didnt ask for would you blame the person who came back ? The person you sent first ? Or both ?
Totally different situation. In the situation we are speaking of right now, the person who sent the wrong item gets blamed just as much if not more for sending a inferior product. You can make up all the different situations you want but sending someone to the store isn't anything even close to the same. In this situation the third party mis-sexed a snake, acted like an idiot, and sent a snake with mites. Think about it!

Old 10-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #38
hhmoore
Dustin, I understand where you are coming from....but Lucille's last statement is 100% correct. The buyer "bought" from ScalesNskin Reptile Auctions. The transaction is the responsibility of ScalesNskin Reptile Auctions. It sucks that they chose Off The Ark to supply an animal to replace the one they sold (which was deemed to be unfit for sale); but that is not the buyer's problem. ScalesNskin needs to take care of their customer, and then they can deal with Vinny (Off the Ark) themselves.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #39
jj-mitchell
Last night I again emailed Vinney again to let him know that my wife and I have decided to talk to Sarah about a partial refund... We keep the male and she refunds us the price difference in a male vs a female. This is the only way I am guaranteed not to end up empty handed. All Vinny replied was I needed to make my own decisions not let the people on the BOI dictate what I do.... I again responded telling him this was our decision, and he should be happy with it because it would wipe his hands of the situation and was a modified version of his suggestion.

At this point I will admit I have been more forgiving to Sarah @ ScalesNskin, I do see how that is wrong, as if they had delivered I would have never had my lovely experience with Off the Ark. That being said she has been more willing to try to fix things, again she should be as all the problems relating to this transaction are a direct result of her not filling the original agreement.

As far as who is to blame for the mistakes made, Sarah made the mistake of not informing me the original female was being assist fed when the purchase was made, and not keeping me informed as to what was going on with the trasaction and her fault for offering me an option of refund or replace on the original animal.

that being said, I would have no problems with Vinny had I received a female albino. I would have not had a problem with Vinny had he made things right rather than call me incompitent and deny the fact that he could have ever made a mistake. Then the whole attack on me personally and acusing me of trying to scam him, I dont see how that can be anyone elses fault.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #40
aSnakeLovinBabe
Seeing as this is an informational thread... I do have a story I could share regarding these auctions... but I am quite hesitant seeing as I was unable to obtain any screenshots before I was blocked and to be honest, I am not sure I feel like digging up something I buried a few months ago. Not sure that it's worth it... as I am not the confrontational type, but if anyone is really interested... I can throw it out there. if not... I do not wish to intrude.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!