Cage aggressive BTS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
HayleySnakes
Cage aggressive BTS

My Blue tongued skink is, like most, a complete doll when being handled outside her cage, but when i try to get her out of the tank, she gets really aggressive, hissing, lunging, puffing herself up, and today she even tried to bite me. I used to keep her on paper towel with a hide made out of a cardboard box and I never had this problem, but she is now out of quarentine and i gave her a bark-bend hide and aspen chip substrate. It seems like she really likes the new setup, but since she's been in it, she's gotten more and more aggressive when i take her out. It worries me a little, but it doesnt bother me unduly because she is completely fine once I've picked her up and taken her out of the cage.

Any opinions on what is causing this and how i can fix it? Thanks!

Old 07-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
pch101
That is a fairly common behavior with these guys. She is being a little territorial, and would rather be left alone. That is just her way of letting you know.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!