BRB custom display cage (re)build! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #11
Charis
This is sloooooowly coming together! Just got the heat panels here, installed and the doors put back on with new hardware and locks last week. Now just need to build a stand for them and they will be ready to move snakes into!

New lock ...

New hinges ...

Pardon the junk in the garage around them ...

Old 10-08-2016, 10:13 PM   #12
Charis
My husband had to work a ton of overtime and my mother in law got really, really sick for a long time (she's much better now) so these got put on the back burner. Finally had time to tackle some projects in the last few weeks, so he was able to set up the outbuilding as a work space and tackle building the stand for these.

Mostly done.

Painted.

Finally in the room and set up!!

Got the enclosures partly made up now and the heaters and thermostats running. Will let them run for awhile to make sure everything is working right and then move the girls over into them. I'm so happy to finally have them almost ready!!

Old 10-08-2016, 11:47 PM   #13
Helenthereef
VERY nice!

Old 10-09-2016, 02:25 PM   #14
Randall Turner
That is a nice enclosure project. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that has projects like this get put on the back burner for so long.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:18 PM   #15
toddnbecka
Stand looks great too, much nicer than I have in mind. My enclosures are all in the basement, and occasionally when there's a really heavy rain water comes in under the door and spreads across the floor. I'm thinking to use small diameter pvc pipe and fittings to build minimal stands to raise the enclosures a few inches so they don't get wet, and allow the floor to dry quickly when it does happen. The alternative would be to have the concrete floor dug up to clear/replace the drain pipe, but the floor drain in the middle of the basement is fine. It's just the one outside the door that's partially blocked.
As for delays with completing projects, I started 5 plywood 4x2x2 enclosures last spring. Completed 2 that are in use, and just need to get glass for the 3rd to finish it now. The remaining 2 still need painted, the interior then sealed with polycrylic, and sliding glass tracks installed (as well as glass for them.) On the bright side though, I did order 6 T10's from AP that should be arriving this month sometime.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:19 AM   #16
Snakesitter
WELL done!!!

Old 10-14-2016, 12:39 AM   #17
Charis
Here are some kind of crummy cell pictures of Kaylee cruising her new digs tonight.
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2016, 12:42 AM   #18
ShawneeAlice
Wow that is really cool, you did an awesome job! I love the fancy black hinges. Beautiful snake, too Thanks for sharing the project with us!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!