Pink Tongue Skink Information - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
scaledverts
Pink Tongue Skink Information

Hello -

I am looking for a good source of information regarding the care of pink tongue skinks. I have been looking online for some time. However, it seems that every website has differing opinions as to the proper care of these guys. For example: some websites recommend group cages while others recommend single living conditions; similarly some recommend UV some recommend no UV. There is not a consistent place to find the information regarding this species. I know some on the forums keep/breed these species. So I thought that is wold be a good place to start the discussion of proper care for these skinks so the information is out there.

Thanks,

Kyle

Old 06-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
rjarosek
I keep mine in groups of 4 no UVB and feed greens, snails , dog food and really ripe fruit. The are opportunistic feeders so I feed them stuff that they would find in the wild. I give them places to hide and climb a little. Temps in basking are about 85 and cooler near the bottom. I use coco fiber as a substrate.

They tend to be stimulated to eat by misting and like a 85 or so basking spot. Seems to work great for me. The are very social in the group. They hang out and sleep together.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
scaledverts
Thanks Ryan,

One question regarding tanks. What do you keep yours in? I'm looking into getting a small group (5 ish) but want to make sure I actually understand the cage requirements etc before getting them.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
Thanks Ryan,

One question regarding tanks. What do you keep yours in? I'm looking into getting a small group (5 ish) but want to make sure I actually understand the cage requirements etc before getting them.

I like taller cages as they like to climb. I keep 4 of them in 18x18x24.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!