What Morph Northern BTS is this? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Zuke72
Exclamation What Morph Northern BTS is this?

Hello I picked up this beautiful northern blue tongue a couple months because I really liked the color. I was told it was a hypomelanistic when I got it but I really wasn't concerned because I have always wanted a BTS. Now that I look at it I don't think it looks like a hypo when compared to couple pictures I found of them. His sides and under belly are completely pink and around his horizontal stripes on his back. If anyone can help with the morph Identification I would greatly appreciate it. If you need anymore pics I will gladly provide.
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
ShortStack
I don't have the slightest idea what it is, except purdyyyyy Good luck figuring it out!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
Zuke72
thanks, I am going to try and get some better pictures that better show much pink he really has.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
pch101
To me, it looks like the resulting offspring of a northern that has been crossed with a Tanimbar bts. The give away is that shine on the scales (very Tanimbar-ish).

Old 07-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Zuke72
So you are fairly confident this is cross between 2 species and not a pure northern?

Old 07-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
pch101
I can't ever be sure with something like this, but it is very unusual. Tanimbars have very subdued muted color and very shinny scales. If I were to do a Tanimbar northern cross, your animal looks very much like what I would expect. Do you know its age, or who produced it? How long is it?

James

Old 07-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
pch101
At this point, I would say I was reasonably sure.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #8
pch101
Even when I use the flash while photographing other BTS, I do not get that shine reflection. I only get that kind of shine from the Tanimbar BTS.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #9
Zuke72
He is about 20.5 inches long and 3-4 years old. I picked him up from a local that was selling for a good price and I had always wanted a northern bts so I picked him up. I was told he was a hypo but I really wasn't concerned because I wasn't planning on breeding or anything, just wanted a pet. I don't remember where he said he got it from. Now I'm looking to sell for him for pretty much what I got him for but I don't want to say he is something that he isn't. I really appreciate your help though.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #10
pch101
He looks like a nice looking animal. It is hard to make a call with this guy. He is a little on the small side for a northern, but not off the scale. His pattern is Northern all the way. his color is muted, but that is not that uncommon for northerns. It is that shine that gets me. Maybe it is the lighting, or your flash. That being said, I still have a hunch something else is at play. but if I had to make a call other than a potential cross, it would have to be a Northern. I hope that helps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
blue tongue skink, morph