Any Information on Caiman Lizards? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-13-2006, 01:53 AM   #11
ErnieM
Thanks again, Bobby. I have already shot them off an email! That outfit is the one that came out with the book on the Boelen's Python THE BLACK PYTHON, so they sound like they know what they are doing. With some luck and a few more gray hairs, I may get one of those critters one of these days. However, captive breeding in Peru sounds like a better bet! We'll see. That's what makes the hobby so interesting!

Ernie

Old 05-13-2006, 01:59 AM   #12
varnyard
Glad to help. Good luck finding some!! If you find more than you want, give me a PM.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:08 AM   #13
ErnieM
Yessir, I will keep you in mind...Oh, by the way, your Tegus are OUTRAGEOUS! The nicest I have ever seen! I had an Argentine once, WC little bugger...bit the piss out of me! Like everything else, you get what you pay for!

Thanks again.

Ernie

Old 05-13-2006, 02:13 AM   #14
varnyard
Well I would hate to brag on mine, but knock on wood none of mine are not biters. My two males are dog tame and 100% child safe. My females are breeders and never have been pets. They still are quite tame and are easy to handle. EXCEPT!! When they are nesting, LOL. Then they become evil girls.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:14 AM   #15
varnyard
BTW, Thanks for the great comments!!

Old 05-13-2006, 02:17 AM   #16
varnyard
I had to add the NOT before biters in the other post.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #17
BARF0MAGA
alot of people dont know the whole diet of caiman lizards. because they are a tegu they do need fruit. alot of people like to feed them meat like ground turkey i dont agree with that i like to give whole prey items to monitors and tegus. variety is key. you can feed fruit like i said(u need fruit), snails(a large part of there diet), mice, chicks, eggs, nightcrawlers, goliath horn worms, frozen silversides(whole bait fish that u can get at a petstore that specializes in fish), and canned jumbo krill(that can also be purchased at a fishstore). they would eat all of these things or similar things in the wild. some people may say they dont eat mice and chicks in the wild sometimes they will scavenge on animals like that. some people may disagree or add things but this is a good variety of good things for caiman lizards

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!